Views: 10158|Replies: 23

If CD Forums were like a garden...   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-10 00:33:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by stevenen at 2012-1-9 16:34

I think that when I first visited these forums I was too quick to criticize CD Moderators. I think that I underestimated how difficult their job was.

It appears that many contributors to CD forums have formed gangs. There are many personal attacks, and some groups of members support each other if one of them is criticized. These gangs do not want China Daily to moderate these forums because it threatens their power to control and intimidate people who disagree with them. Now many of the comments that people make are just the sound of the gangs fighting.

I think that if you removed these people then perhaps the number of comments would fall by at least 50%? I can understand why China Daily does not want to risk this. However, I think that there are many people who could contribute to this forum, but they do not like conflict. So, many people do not make comments because they do not want to be attacked. There are too many extreme members. The CD Forums should not be judged by the number of comments contributed, but by the quality of the contributions? This is just my personal opinion. Perhaps I may be too naive and unrealistic... but...

...if CD Forums were like a garden, and the CD Moderators like the gardeners....

...perhaps if CD cut out the weeds, many beautiful flowers could grow? At the moment there is no space for them, and the weeds strangle any young flowers that try to grow.

Maybe CD Moderators should be have a radical change and clear out all the weeds? Maybe at first there would be fewer plants, but at least there may be a chance for new plants to grow, that are not as ugly as the one ones that are already here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 00:39:23 |Display all floors
Actually, I am being too proud.

I should also say that I apologize for my criticisms of CD Moderators, my comments were too quick, without really knowing the difficulty of the task. {:soso_e117:}

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-10 00:49:05 |Display all floors
One man's weed  .........

Is another man's flower ............   

Power to the weed  ..........

As that is where the flower started  ...........  {:soso_e114:}

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 02:14:43 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-1-10 00:49
One man's weed  .........

Is another man's flower ............   

So true , weed is flower in need indeed.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-1-10 02:39:59 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-1-10 02:14
So true , weed is flower in need indeed.

NOT MANY GARDENS IN CHINA{:soso_e101:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 03:57:14 |Display all floors
stevenen Post time: 2012-1-10 02:39
Actually, I am being too proud.

I should also say that I apologize for my criticisms of CD Moderat ...

Actually, as you haven't named names, I cannot know to what degree you are referring to gangs, I think I have an Idea of some of them, but by enlarge most here are pretty good, there are a few extremists that go over the top but we tend to ignore them, or we give it back to them, depending on mood. much of the banter is tongue in cheek, and if you keep looking you will find some good posts, some silly posts( not all in fun section) and some amazing replies of both intellectual grace and bald faced humour.
Some here cannot bare anyone disagreeing with them and vilify them for it. but we are mostly grown-ups who can take it in our stride.
I am not sure if you have contributed anything other than this complaint, but look forward to seeing you in the trenches of debate
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 04:02:47 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-1-10 04:39
NOT MANY GARDENS IN CHINA

There are many gardens in China, but most are on balconies on roofs, in parks. I just hope that they don't make the western mistake of "lawns" a useless thing designed to make us buy lawn mowers. i got rid of mine and now am the proud owner of dead leaves which look great
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.