Author: freetofly

Interesting Chinglish   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-8 23:53:42 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2012-1-8 20:00
What a drama queen you are, Senny!

As a teacher of English, instead of encouraging people positiv ...

Are you back abc ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-9 13:16:19 |Display all floors
I like Chinglish.

The day you have no Chinglish in your speech is the day I cannot see your authentically Chinese self either.  I do not seek to exchange ideas with those who write perfect English.  Besides, imperfect English is American English.  Perfect English is used as a social class sorting technique of the British, who spseak The King's English.

That's not to say you should neglect your English studies though.  Most everyone, myself included, has a long way to go before we are in danger of speaking perfect English.

One word you can never use in American English is "ain't."  It's not slang.  It is used by uneducated Americans from rural areas and will count against you badly.  The other word is a word but is easily misused at great cost-- "got."  "Got" is so socially costly in its misuse that it is better to avoid it if possible than to risk using it in error.

龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-9 20:02:09 |Display all floors
Thank you all for your response. Actually Chinglish is evitable because we are Chinese and English is not our native language.

When we are trying to speak English, we should be brave and confident. Don’t let those “fussy” foreigners discourage us. Feel free to open your mouth. At least our English is so much better than those “dumb” foreigners.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-9 20:29:20 |Display all floors
are we promoting chinglish now ?

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-9 20:29:56 |Display all floors

that would be bad education for the young generation.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-9 20:30:30 |Display all floors
I hope my daughter won't learn that more.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-9 20:55:45 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2012-1-9 20:29
that would be bad education for the young generation.

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/for ... p;extra=#pid2543578

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.