Author: freetofly

Interesting Chinglish   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-8 00:41:11 |Display all floors
Ugly women more sell

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-8 02:05:13 |Display all floors
you missed " you hungry not hungry" very important one

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-8 15:08:43 |Display all floors
it is of great fun.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-8 16:13:41 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-8 17:59:26 |Display all floors
{:soso_e134:} Thanks, it was a good ride
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-8 21:41:12 |Display all floors
I don't think your first example "Long time no see" is  chinglish.  It's acceptable in english usage, but your other examples are different.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-8 23:00:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2012-1-9 06:35
seneca Post time: 2012-1-8 18:26
I am "fussy"? So be it. Maybe. Perhaps. Probably. And why not?

And if I was as fussy about your bi ...

What a drama queen you are, Senny!

As a teacher of English, instead of encouraging people positively, almost every single day you pick on and laugh at English of Chinese at liberty, most of who have few chance to live and study abroad and to talk to native speakers to practise the language. You are completely devoid of professional ethics which is due as a qualifed teacher is supposed to be kind to the students.

Though it is not perfect or very desirable, most of our students have an acceptable command of English listening, speaking, writing, and reading. At least foreigners can generally well understand. In stark contrast, you have been living in China, mingling with Chinese for at lease a decade, even got married to Chinese women. I daresay you are still  miserably Chinese-illiterate, virtually deaf and mute,  except for stuttering a matter of a few simplest Chinese words with odd accent, i. e. nee hhhao (Ni hao), yi kai (Yi Kuai) when you bargained with street vendors.  You have made a clown of yourself here.

Why are laowais allowed to speak poor Chinese, while Chinese have to speak/write impeccable English? Even in your own country, of which you are ashamed to mention, I bet not all of your compatriots speak English as well as other people from non-English speaking countries, i.e. France, Germany, Italy, Japan, S. Korea. Besides that, English writing of many native speakers' is even worse than mine.

Finally, let me teach you an English idiom-people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.