Author: safaribehn

Human Rights Spin-Off [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-8 10:38:34 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-8 10:46:25 |Display all floors
A nation cannot preach human rights to others when it is violating human rights at the same time.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-8 14:28:35 |Display all floors
Who is going to get to play the part of God in all this?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 06:35:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by safaribehn at 2012-1-9 23:36
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-7 23:40
human right is being dragged into the mud by the very nations that support it. I am all for the co ...

Alright, it's alive again. We've all probably lost the flow, so I should probably let it rest in peace, but what the hell...

Now where were we?

(Edit: this evolved into a sizeable rant. Not to be taken as a decent reply...)

I don't exactly disagree with you, it's more a matter of differentiating for me. Western judgement on others comes from many different holds and for various reasons. Many people on this forum seems hell bent on the belief that it's all part of the same conspiracy. Global organizations which are founded and based in the West that work for the cause of Human Rights does not turn a blind eye to transgressions caused by the West, even though it may seem so to people live in countries that receive their full attention.

It may be that way, because monitoring the West might not be as personally rewarding for a Human Rights fighter's ego. Being as Human Rights violations are not often systematically taking place within our own jurisdictions, and because these idealist themselves are not being persecuted in the countries that they work from. But even so, there's plenty of scrutiny on the USA, both from within, as well as from Europe. I would have liked to see a tougher official attitude against the USA from it's allies too, about it's handling of prisoners and the alleged terrorist they kept and still hold on Guantanamo among other things. Other things that spring to mind are American citizens who have committed heinous crimes abroad, but evades justice because they managed to run back home. This is not exceptional of the USA, but it is kind of hypocritical of a country which claims to hold justice so dear. Also I think the neo-conservative attitude towards the Human Rights are pretty worrisome to say the least with their flirtation with torture and such. There are many other things I could mention, but I'm not writing a book.

Westerners are perhaps somewhat prideful of the way our systems are designed to limit the abuse of the state, but seem to forget that not long ago, this protection only benefited the correct ethnicities (i.e. proper white folks) within our various countries. However today, there are no western countries who practice eugenics or other forms of racial discrimination systematically, although discrimination still goes on due to individual xenophobia, and that is not just a fault among white people. Nor does any country persecute political radicals, unless they cause an unbelievable ruckus, which they do from time to time. But they don't vanish or stay confined for long.

These are things that ordinary people take pride in, and is what make it easy for politicians who scheme for war and power to say they're doing it just for the sake of Human Rights. Whether it's to "protect" us from that otherness, or to pillage some screwed up country on a corporation's bidding concealed just as a grand, benevolent salvation tour. As Chinese corporations sprawl out across the globe to conquer markets, you will loose sight of them too. It's foolish to think Chines CEO's are more honest than Western ones, and vica versa. And this is just one aspect. People oversimplify way too much.
Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 06:49:23 |Display all floors
safaribehn Post time: 2012-1-8 05:32
There's more?! You got to be kidding me

I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 06:50:06 |Display all floors
If you want to be part of the solution and not the problem, you need to start argue cause, and forget about race, nationality and superficial group identity.
Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.