Author: 468259058

A Chinese lady nearly frozen to death in the "Happy New Year Day".   [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-3 16:43:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-1-3 16:45
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-1-3 14:36
Happy New Year Mr. Greendragon!

Sorry I haven't been following the news you mentioned. But it doe ...

1. Apparently you seldom care about news reports about migrant workers.
You seldom talk with migrant construction workers.

I did a lot.

2. Things are improved a lot nowadays.
Few of young Chinese like to work as a migrant construction workers. The work is too hard to bear for young Chinese. So, nowadays, many construction workers can earn RMB 3,000~RMB 9,000 a month.

3. Are you only interesting in the news reports about how the rich Chinese flout the wealth?
Are you only interesting in how Li Gang's children enjoy their decent living?
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 16:51:34 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-1-3 14:36
Happy New Year Mr. Greendragon!

Sorry I haven't been following the news you mentioned. But it doe ...

Ne-tigress's grandfather was a former high ranking CPC member.
Now, Ne-tigress are living in the metropolis, Beijing, the capital of mainland China. You had a relative decent living in childhood and at present.

I came from a poor rural area, though I am living a large city now. Many people from my hometown are still migrant workers.

So, Ne-tigress defend the rich and powerful guys while I often say sth for migrant workers.  

Right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 16:58:10 |Display all floors
1.jpg

In the Christmas Eve,
when you were laughing around the pine tree, enjoying the delicious food, and hearing stories near the furnace,

did you notice the little match girl in the cold street?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 18:31:10 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-1-3 16:58
In the Christmas Eve,
when you were laughing around the pine tree, enjoying the delicious food, a ...
did you notice the little match girl in the cold street?

Literally, there was none around.
Metaphorically, I knew it, and failed it, despite my best wishes.

In the Night to Christmas Eve, int the first hour of the 24th, I arrived at a Station, with the last train of the Night.
For me, it was the Destination of my Journey.
However, for a young Chinese or Taiwanese Student who got there on the same train, it apparantly was not.

As I was getting to the Station Hall, he turned back from there into the Underpass to Approach me with his Issue. He asked me if I knew wether or not the Station Hall or some other nearby Asylum, remained open through the Night until Resumption of Personal Transport in the early Morning and the departure of his Connection Train. (For your Understanding: Unlike China's Point to Point Rail Network, it's a Network with connecting Hubs here)
Although he was happy to find someone who could reply him in his own Lingua, I could not answer his Question.
Neither did I manage to find Information on the Opening Hours, and wether or not the Station Hall of this small Town remained open through the night in time, before my longing to arrive exceeded my Willingness to help him finding those Information.
So in the End I suggested him:"F*** Opening Hours, let's get a Taxi, You shall be my and my Familie's Guest tonight if you wish so", and made a call to have Supper and a Bed arranged for him.
The next Morning we arranged him a lift to his destination the same day, so he too could see his Relatives on Christmas Eve, before we ourselves left for the Celebration on the Family Manor.

I hope he was not too disappointed about my Failure to answer his Question.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 18:35:26 |Display all floors
That's a nice story LC.

You did a good thing.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 19:01:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LCSULLA at 2012-1-3 19:05
JFenix Post time: 2012-1-3 18:35
That's a nice story LC.

You did a good thing.

Jfenix,
If you had gotten to know this Country while you lived here, you'd have noticed the cultural Differences in Communication Style Context, and understood why I failed him, measured by local Standards.

What he asked for was Opening Hours of the Station Hall or alternative nearby Shelters.
His explicit Question was to find out wether or not he had a shelter for the Night.
The implicated Issue by, both comparably more indirect communication styles, your american standards, just as by his chinese standards, was finding a shelter for the night. This is understandable to him, me, you, and most Readers here.
However, he did not explicitely address this issue, rather the only Issue he explicitely stated was only finding out the information wether or not he had a public shelter available to him nearby.
This is the local understanding.
Thus, I failed him by local Standards on the issue he was willing to explictly communicate, and only provided him a substitute or an alternative to the Station hall.

If he had asked a local without much international experience or cultural awareness the same, without openly and clearly addressing the issue of finding a solution for his stay, rather than the need for a piece of Information, he had needlessly frozen his sorry ar*e off on Christmas Eve, despite the best Intentions of whomever he had asked.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 19:02:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-1-3 19:03
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-1-3 18:31
Literally, there was none around.
Metaphorically, I knew it, and failed it, despite my best wishe ...

My friend, are you a so kind guy?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.