Author: stevenen

A lack of mutual respect on these forums?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-4 12:23:42 |Display all floors
Read between the Lines
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-4 12:29:47 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-4 12:27
He has been to websites run by Compuserv, Beijinger and now the CD...

And he expects to find a perf ...

Rubens liked fat woman....he wouldn't have liked China

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-4 12:30:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-4 12:27
He has been to websites run by Compuserv, Beijinger and now the CD...

And he expects to find a perf ...

Rubens liked fat women....he wouldn't have liked China{:soso_e104:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-5 22:30:56 |Display all floors
I have lived for short periods in Shenzhen, Shanghai and Beijing and visited many more. Some of my Chinese friends I have known for 15 years. However this will be my first time as a Country Manager for a FOE permanently based in China.

I do not seek to impose my moral values on other forum members. I merely seek to uphold the forum guidelines as others have done in the past. As I say, any further communications will be with senior managers at China Daily.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-5 22:44:58 |Display all floors
stevenen Post time: 2012-1-5 22:30
I have lived for short periods in Shenzhen, Shanghai and Beijing and visited many more. Some of my C ...

That's curious, since you claimed, "When I came to this forum I was hoping I could find a place where I could learn more about China before moving to China for work."?

Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-5 23:56:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by stevenen at 2012-1-6 00:01

If people are curious for more details, I can explain some more. I lived in Japan for 15 years, where I met my first Chinese friends studying Japanese together. Since Chinese people are a lot more direct than Japanese, and we spent a lot of time studying together I found it easier to make friends with Chinese people than Japanese people. As my interest in China increased, I visited it on a number of occassions over these 15 years. Visiting China is quite convenient from Japan. I worked in a number of positions in Japan, including as a Country Manager. However I have never worked full-time in China. I communicated with many of my Chinese friends in Japanese as I do not speak Chinese. This is an area where I have the most to learn. I am interested in; Chinese history, culture, economics, modern politics, and business practices, but obviously the biggest issue is that I have to learn Chinese. As a foreigner it is always possible to learn more.

If people suspect my lack of honesty and my integrity, that is beyond my control. I should stress however that all my comments posted her, critical of other contributors, are based on their offensive and abusive comments. I seek only to uphold the forum guidelines. I have no intention of becoming an active contributor to this forum unless the forum guidelines are enforced. Nor do I have any wish to communicate with those who overtly break these guidelines.

China Daily is a reputable newspaper. This forum could be a great resource for professional people to exchange ideas and extend friendship across different cultures. Unfortunately it is populated by a number of individuals who contaminate threads with sexual references and innappropriate comments. I have no desire to be exposed to such trash. Nor, based on the China Daily guidelines, should members who post such comments expect to avoid censure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-6 04:31:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by stevenen at 2012-1-6 04:34

During the course of posting to this forum, I became aware of previous attempts to communicate with senior China Daily staff, and raise some of these matters.

OPEN LETTERS - CD SENIOR OFFICIALS - ATT: MOD'S
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/for ... 5457&fromuid=840281

I similarly have sought to contact them.

I urge any other visitors to this forum, who feel as I do that the forum guidelines are not being supported, to communicate directly with senior China Daily staff.

The more people who stand up for the moral values that underpin the forum guidelines, the greater the likelihood that this forum will support improved understandings between people of different cultures. Communication can be fun, interesting and educational. Currently we are unable to open a thread with any guarantee that others will not have contributed comments of a sexual or offensive nature. This contamination has to be cleaned up. Cockroaches only live in dirty places.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.