Author: stevenen

A lack of mutual respect on these forums?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-4 03:04:51 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-1-4 02:36

Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-1-4 03:13:34 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-1-4 03:04

He's not answering his phone. He must be in the Greenhouse

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-4 03:26:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by snappysammy at 2012-1-4 03:26

err you mean the King House....

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-1-4 03:28:12 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-1-4 03:26
err you mean the King House....

hmm that's made me Ponder

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-4 03:29:19 |Display all floors
Is that like the Ponderosa?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-4 10:09:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by stevenen at 2012-1-4 10:14

Just one final comment before leaving this forum.

Certain members have been implying that I have some hidden agenda, and that I may actually be using a false acccount. Further, they implied that my real identity is that of  "canada_man" .

These accusations are false. I am not "canada_man", although I have read some of his comments. I am actually English.

Like "canada_man" however, I will be contacting senior managers at China Daily and inform them that their forums do much to tranish the reputation of this newspaper.

If it so happens, that some of the foreign contributors are employees of China Daily, then they have made a signifcant error in recruiting people of such low wit and moral standing. If they are not employees of China Daily, I see no reason why they are not banned, given that they continuously break the forum guidelines.

It is not a valid excuse for moderators to say "we can't do anything about this". If moderators of reputable Western news media comment sections are able to exclude content of a lewd sexual nature, then it should also be possible to do that here.

THere are many guenuine members here who are interested in exchanging ideas and comments in mutually respefctful manner. Unfortunately threads are high-jacked by a small gang of offensive foreigners, such that it is impossible to ignore their excreble output, even if one wanted to.

If people want things to improve, they have to stand up for what they believe in, and not be intimidated by loud obnoxious gangs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-4 10:22:19 |Display all floors
Dear Stevenen,
we would say yes to the situation you mentioned here. There are many F words and attacks or innuedo here in this forum. And thanks for your suggestions to us. we are making effort to the aim which you indicated here, a friendly, pure and clean forum. however, the internet is not like a party where people see each other face to face and most of them know each other, you are not sure what you are talking with on the interent, that's one reason there are so many attacks, abusive words or arguements here. We appreciate your advice definitely and hope hear more from you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.