Author: SMITHI

USA is insane empire , $11 billion worth of arms sold to Iraq!—New York Time   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-30 20:42:37 |Display all floors
It is American internal affair but American folks have to ask:

1/  Are the destinies of >4500 US dead soldiers and thousands of injured US soldiers hit in Iraq making up for their homeland economic losses & woes (* ignoring those millions of Iraqi casualties, dead, wounded and sickened *)?

2/  Of course, the war was designed to feedback "captured assets, oil_for_money and monetary deposits" to oil the invaders’ throats. But, are those sales of war materials and killing machines sufficient to satisfy and compensate those sufferers and dead souls?

It is quite impossible to pity those Iraqi(s) who had allowed themselves to be slaughtered and their souls to be divided (* bloody religious sectarian wars were most appreciated and admired by the invading forces as in dividing the people into various camps to rule the war games therein *) in the first instance.  It is hard luck and a 'hard copy' for all those doggy nations to study and examine this broader picture, if they can realize such foolishness could never have served them better.

What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-30 21:11:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by JFenix at 2011-12-30 21:16
1/  Are the destinies of >4500 US dead soldiers and thousands of injured US soldiers hit in Iraq making up for their homeland economic losses & woes (* ignoring those millions of Iraqi casualties, dead, wounded and sickened *)?

No.  Of course not.  

The war in iraq was a war crime and we can't forget this.  There was no legitimate reason to invade that country.

I don't think Bush counted on such a backlash.  He tried to sell america on this idea that americans would be treated as liberators and this would not be a long conflict.

Who can forget the 'Mission Accomplished' banner Bush posed under still in 2003?  

What he didn't count on or thought he could handle was all the foreign support for the insurgency.

Iran's strategy was to keep the US bleeding in Iraq by prolonging the war.  

It was the same strategy used by the US against the soviets and I think it also contributed significantly to the economic woes of the SU leading to it's decline.

So, it was an effective strategy if the end goal was to hurt the US economically and in turn, reducing our political & military power.

Score 1 for the opposition.

The real losers in this are the iraqis.

Not only did they suffer an unjust invasion and use of force, they also got caught up in a proxy war.

The US didn't come out the winners in this, neither did the iraqis.

I think the country that benefitted the most was China.  I'm sure they made a mint selling all those weapons to Iran to go to the insurgency in iraq and to the taliban in afghanistan.  
Not only did the arms sales benefit them, China was also able to rise as a global power due in part to the weakening of the US.  Too much of our effort and resources were tied up in losing wars with little dying public support.  Not good for us, but good for others I suppose.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-30 21:48:36 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2011-12-30 21:11
No.  Of course not.  

The war in iraq was a war crime and we can't forget this.  There was no legi ...

Next you will say that China forced you to go to Afghanistan and Iraq ..........

Whilst your leaders who do not know as much as you said it was Al Kinda Bad Guys  .........  

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-30 21:53:28 |Display all floors
Next you will say that China forced you to go to Afghanistan and Iraq ........

No.  I won't let the Bush administration escape the blame for that.

World politics is like a chess game.  China just saw the opening and benefited from it.

That's what you do if you're smart.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-30 21:59:29 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2011-12-30 21:53
No.  I won't let the Bush administration escape the blame for that.

World politics is like a che ...

I am sure the Iranians loved the US fire power supplied to Saddam to kill them .........

The revolution of the people of Iran was not welcomed by the US as it did not have their interests at heart ..........  

That makes them evil ........

Only puppets like the Shah welcome please .......

Well until they become uppitty ..........      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-30 22:41:26 |Display all floors
I am sure the Iranians loved the US fire power supplied to Saddam to kill them .........

The revolution of the people of Iran was not welcomed by the US as it did not have their interests at heart ..........  

That makes them evil ........

As Sadam appreciated all the Soviet fire power supplied to Iran to kill Iraqis.

You can't look at things as 'good' and 'evil'

There are no 'good' sides and 'bad' sides.

The 'bad' sides are just those who are against you.

Other than that, there isn't much difference really.

It's all the same game being played by many players.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-30 22:51:14 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2011-12-30 22:41
As Sadam appreciated all the Soviet fire power supplied to Iran to kill Iraqis.

You can't look at ...

Oh ..........

I thought you said the Chinese were the weapons suppliers  ..........   ?

Now it is Russia  .........

Now wonder the US has such a hard time trying to win a war  ........

It has too many enemies  .............

And as to winning .........

WWII  .........  tick
Korea ..........  draw
Vietnam ......  lost
Iraq ............  withdrawal
Afghanistan .. not looking good so far, maybe another 10 years ....... eh !

One thing is for sure the US has bought and paid for incredible and unbelievable amounts of products especially airplanes, tanks, vehicles and kit. And of course Dick Cheney's food and parts scam .........     

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.