Author: SMITHI

China to buy Yahoo! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-31 10:38:23 |Display all floors
China can revolutionize the world computer market.

Because the westerners have locked the present market to their own proprietary systems. Their users and those in other countries have been fed commercial propaganda that theirs are only the best - even when they cost too much and create inefficiencies.  Like their western medicines.

The world computer users need a new and better deal.  China has the computing capabilities.

Starting from tomorrow, 2012 begins a new era of greatness. A new greatness. A better tomorrow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 11:06:14 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2011-12-31 10:38

Because the westerners have locked the present m ...

Yes i know what you mean that is correct statement , proprietary software and hardware that is copyrighted to the smallest trivial common sense things like hard drive controllers or serial usb or you name it .................Problem is in way west use copyright to blackmail and very much slow down progress in technology.

China must come with indigenous operating system and nonintel i386 platform for CPU in hardware area or depend on western mercy............it is long topic but yes i do know what are you saying.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 11:15:00 |Display all floors
Good for China!  I'm sure you can make Yahoo a much better service.  Hopefully, the United States government will allow you to purchase it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 11:18:59 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2011-12-31 11:06
Yes i know what you mean that is correct statement , proprietary software and hardware that is cop ...

That would be really something if China can build an operating system much better than Windows.  But, we do have a good open-source system like Linux.  It would be like China trying to build a better browser than Firefox.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-12-31 11:45:25 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2011-12-30 18:38

Because the westerners have locked the present m ...

I couldn't agree with you more on this one.
Each company (Altera, Xilinx, TI, ARM licensing, Intel, Lattice, Renesas, and on and on...)
is in it's own little world of microprocessor, micro-controller architecture.
They all claim to be based on C or C++ but wait until you try to do anything with any of them.
You'll quickly find you can't do anything with any of them unless you spend a small fortune
on their development tools and none of them are compatible with anything but their own line
of products.
This is very inefficient as you said. You can spend months and years to become proficient in
on of these many lines of products and then find yourself stuck with this. If some other line
has something you like you can't just jump over to that brand. Not unless you want to reinvent
the wheel again as far as learning a whole new system that basically does the same thing,
save for that new feature you are attracted to.
For example, when IBC PC and IBM PC-AT architectures were the main stay in the 1980s we
went from playing PONG and printing lines of text on a 480-640 B&W screen to office networking
with 20bit color displays and access to the internet. All this from 1981 to 1991. Ten years.
Once everybody and their brother started coming out with their own hardware and operating
systems in the early 90s we haven't progressed that much. Prettier pictures, and much faster
internet was mostly the product of hardware improvements.
Now you have to write several lines of code that has to be supported buy multiple libraries
and headers just to toggle an LED. You used to be able to do that with one line of code
in debug using the old architecture.
I wish you luck. This is one area where a collective with commonality would beat the socks off
a capitalist system with everyone fighting over the cupcakes and nobody willing to share.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 11:53:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2011-12-31 11:54
china-israel Post time: 2011-12-31 11:18
That would be really something if China can build an operating system much better than Windows.  B ...

Yes China will build open source Kike fx2 build on ext3 file system

America will die of envy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.