Views: 2947|Replies: 10

Ron Paul Proposes $1 Trillion in Spending Cuts ....... [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-29 15:48:48 |Display all floors

Ron Paul Proposes $1 Trillion in Spending Cuts .......

By Nicholas Kamm, AFP

GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul unveiled plan to slash$1 trillion from the federal budget and cut the president's salary to about$40,000.

The Texas congressman announced his Plan to Restore America,at a news conference in Las Vegas, ahead of Tuesday's presidential debatethere.

Paul, a longtime critic of federal spending not authorizedby the Constitution, calls for eliminating the federal Education, Commerce,Energy, Interior, and Housing and Urban Development Departments.

He also wants to abolish the Transportation Security Agency,end corporate subsidies, plus eliminate all foreign aid and spending on wars inIraq and Afghanistan.

"Ron Paul's plan is the only one that seriouslyaddresses the economic and budgetary problems our nation faces. It cuts $1trillion in one year, and slashes regulations and taxes so our economy can growand create jobs," said Jesse Benton, Paul's campaign chairman and one of theaides who developed the plan.

The president's pay would be cut to $39,336, which Paul'scampaign says is equivalent to the median personal income of an Americanworker, and the federal workforce would be cut by 10%. The president earns$400,000 a year.

Paul, a libertarian in his thinking, has long espoused manyof the ideas in his economic plan. He has discussed the need to reduce spendingand trim federal debt in his previous White House races, and is a leadingcritic of the Federal Reserve.

Paul averages 8% of the GOP vote in recent presidentialpolls, well behind leaders Mitt Romney and Herman Cain, according to surveyscompiled by RealClearPolitics.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-29 15:50:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2011-12-29 15:50

In addition he proposes taking the troops out of Germany, Japan and S. Korea  .......

At last someone who wants an economy for the people and not the ......

American Industrial Complex ........

How do I get to vote on this one  .........   ?
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-29 15:57:40 |Display all floors
From what I have heard it is easy to vote in their elections, just show up to a voting booth. I believe there are only 15 of their states that require a photo I.D. That leaves one 35 other states to choose from.

I heard Ron has a very loyal following too and he has been rising in their poles, but I feel it is all in vain for him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-29 16:01:35 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2011-12-29 15:57
From what I have heard it is easy to vote in their elections, just show up to a voting booth. I beli ...

Yes .........

From what I have heard he is pretty much marginalized in the press  .......

Unless he is being vilified  ........

The US Elite and their media do not like the idea that the 'gravy-train' could be ended  ............     

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-29 16:09:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2011-12-29 16:11

From what i have heard kikes have Kennedy plan for him.................Kennedy is killed because he issued bonds without Federal reserve............Ron is on same path albeit I hope I’m wrong.

But no thief ever gave up loot , Federal reserve is no go zone if you want to be president and live in USA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-29 16:10:28 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2011-12-29 16:01
Yes .........

From what I have heard he is pretty much marginalized in the press  .......

Yes from what I have seen and read he does not get the notoriety, on purpose too.

Many really like his 'isolationism stance' he argues for, but many do not. The elite, as you say wants to keep raping the world. Isolationism would not allow them to do so with the ease they have become accustomed too.

Therefore Mr Ronny will never be elected in my opinion. But one never knows with their elections.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-29 16:12:08 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2011-12-29 16:10
Yes from what I have seen and read he does not get the notoriety, on purpose too.

Many really li ...

If he ever did get elected you could probably guarantee that he would join the Kennedy's ........     

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.