Author: china-israel

Russia Unwise to Not Give China Military Technology   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-31 03:08:03 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2011-12-31 00:44
China rescued the Sukhoi back in 90s otherwise its will die just like the MiG program. After the USS ...

Voice of Russia

Russia's revenues from arms exports rise
Yulia Ashcheulova

Dec 30, 2011

Photo: RIA Novosti

Russia is earning more money from exports of military hardware, and its major clients are India, Algeria, Venezuela, China and Vietnam.

In the outgoing year, Russia has sold 11 billion dollars worth of arms. Since 2000, the country’s weapons export has increased threefold. Russia’s arms export is small though compared to the  U.S, which has sold 28 billion dollars worth of military equipment this year alone.

India accounts for almost half of all the Russian arms sales, while the United Arab Emirates, South Korea and a few other countries import Russia's caterpillar BMP-3 armoured vehicle. Indonesia and Venezuela buy mainly Russian tanks and warplanes. China’s arms deal with Russia stands at almost one billion dollars. Algeria and Vietnam are not lagging too far behind China. These countries will not purchase military equipment from sources other than Russia, says Alexander Khramchixin, a military expert.

“Russian military weapons are cheaper than their foreign rivals, and countries like India, Algeria and Vietnam, which have been familiar with Russian weapons since the Soviet times, will find it hard adjusting to other types of weapons. Besides, there is an existing partnership between Russia and India in arms production, thanks to which India is developing its own military industry”, Alexander Khramchixin said.

In addition, most of Russia’s arms have no equals in the  world. For example, Russia’s Borei submarine project, as well as Yars and Topol missiles have no matches in the world. Russia has the potential and the technical base to be able to manufacture all types of weapons, says Igor Korotichenko, an expert in the military market, speaking in an interview with The VOR.

“We hardly ever buy foreign equipment. We have two contracts with France, for its Mistral carrier, and with Israel, for its drones. Russia's Military-Industrial complex takes care of the rest. We are capable of producing all the remaining military hardware, to be able to meet the demands of our armed forces, as well as leaving enough for export”, Igor Korotichenko said.

“The Russian government has allocated 95 million dollars for the modernization of the national defense industry and armed forces. It is hoped that the modernization will enhance Russia’s position in the global arms market in the future”.     

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 10:19:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2011-12-31 10:20
seneca Post time: 2011-12-31 09:02
According to Smithie's list of weapons dealers of the world, China's sales tripled from 499 million  ...

Largest increase in world is seen in USA sales  of weaponry thou , let's use facts here.

why do you distort facts all the time silly old fart?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 12:30:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 12:36:57 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2011-12-31 12:30
Sounds just like the great leap forward. Except without the war and revolution., or the food for t ...

I did not say China is going to invade Russia.  What I said was that Russians themselves will implode all on their own doing, and when Russia becomes empty, the land might as well be used by China instead of anyone else.   

By the way, I am not a Chinese citizen, so I don't represent the thoughts of the Chinese: I am an independent person sharing my personal thoughts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 12:57:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 13:13:43 |Display all floors
Caucasians in general are going extinct, and Russians are just another type of Caucasian.  Low Caucasian birth rates, dysgenics, and massive immigration of non-Caucasians into their lands.  And once the non-Caucasians are large enough, they will do what Mugabe did and finish off the whites.  Sorry, but the future will be free of Caucasians.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 15:20:33 |Display all floors
I don't see why Russia is reluctant to transfer all their military technology to China.  They should at least give it to China if they agree to pay money for it.
1. Competition for global market
2. Competition for local power

What is Russia going to do with all that technology?

Are you REALLY asking this question?
1. Export
2. Defense

Since China is a military ally of Russia

China is a historical ally, and friend of Russia, but is in no way shape or form, a present Ally of Russia.
Many diplomatic cables between the US and USSR have repeatedly demonstrated this back in the Cold War.
The Soviets were willing to ally with the US to eliminate PRC's Nuclear threat.

it would only help Russia to give all of their technology to China.
No it would not. It would destroy Russia's grasp on the global arms market, as well as leave Russia with no technological edge over the Chinese for its deterence.

At least China can carry on the technological creations of Russia as they slowly die and go extinct

You've repeatedly claim the Russians will go extinct. Even if for some bizzare reason, the Russians will maintain this trend of low birthrate, and that the immigrants would for some reason not take up arms for the Russian cause, the Russians might go extinct in a few thousands of years.

I'm surprised they still exist after the Bolshevik Revolution where the Russians decided that they were bored and would have fun killing 50 million of their own people
It is within human nature to increase the birthrate after a catastrophy. We see this after Every major war.

The table turned more than two years ago my friend.
Chinese space technology now outpaces the Russian's.
out pacing in rate of development, but has not exceeded Russian space technology. Not for a while.

If Russia wants to save her military technology prowess, it must quickly enter now into a real and comprehensive technology transfer program with China which can produce it more efficiently and cheaper.  The combined brainpower can overcome all the present problems hindering both from building more market share.  It will also stem the brain drain of the best of Russia's scientific minds to the west.

At the cost of substantially lower quality, and loses all revenue on arms export.

According to Smithie's list of weapons dealers of the world, China's sales tripled from 499 million in 2001 to 1423 million U.S. dollars by 2010.

Russia's only increased marginally...

Other countries' exports actually fell during the same period.
It is easy to tripple your revenue if you don't make much to begin with.
Granted the Russians have not improved much, the US and Germany have increased sales far more substantially than China.

I did not say China is going to invade Russia.
The opposite did occur.
What I said was that Russians themselves will implode all on their own doing, and when Russia becomes empty, the land might as well be used by China instead of anyone else.   
Not in a few thousand years, under the most ideal conditions for your prediction.

Caucasians in general are going extinct, and Russians are just another type of Caucasian.  Low Caucasian birth rates, dysgenics, and massive immigration of non-Caucasians into their lands.  And once the non-Caucasians are large enough, they will do what Mugabe did and finish off the whites.  Sorry, but the future will be free of Caucasians.
Caucasian population isn't declining. It's the non-Caucasians that are booming that make it seem this way.

Ah yes, Mugabe. How is Zimbabwe doing btw?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.