Author: cjamesyee

Christmas and Its Pagan Origins   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-20 23:39:07 |Display all floors
aziz Post time: 2011-12-25 15:54
Dont discourage the believers to stay away from their celebration.Billions of Christians might not a ...

4 religions, I could think of only 3, where does the fourth one comes from ?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-1-21 00:10:14 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2012-1-20 23:39
4 religions, I could think of only 3, where does the fourth one comes from ?

Follow this link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anc ... nt_Semitic_religion

I always give reference according to four holy books.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 00:16:41 |Display all floors
In a religious context, the term 'Semitic' can refer to the religions associated with the speakers of these languages: thus Judaism, Christianity and Islam are often described as "Semitic religions" (irrespective of language family spoken by their adherents). Manicheanism and the Mandaean religion also fall within this category.

The term Abrahamic religions is more commonly used today. A truly comprehensive account of "Semitic" religions would include the Ancient Semitic religions (such as Mesopotamian religion and Canaanite Religion) that flourished in the Middle East long before the Abrahamic religions

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 00:25:55 |Display all floors
CATEGORIZATION OF MAJOR WORLD RELIGIONS
by Dr Zakir Naik
Religions of the world can be broadly categorized into Semitic religions and non-Semitic religions. Non-Semitic religions can be divided into Aryan religions and non-Aryan religions.

Semitic religions

Semitic religions are religions that originated among the Semites. According to the Bible, Prophet Noah (pbuh) had a son called Shem.

The descendents of Shem are known as Semites. Therefore, Semitic religions are the religions that originated among the Jews, Arabs, Assyrians, Phoenicians, etc. Major Semitic religions are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All these religions are Prophetic religions that believe in Divine Guidance sent through prophets of God.

Non-Semitic religions

The non-Semitic religions are further subdivided into Aryan and non-Aryan religions:

Aryan Religions

Aryan religions are the religions that originated among the Aryans, a powerful group of Indo-European speaking people that spread through Iran and Northern India in the first half of the second Millenium BC (2000 to 1500 BC).

The Aryan Religions are further subdivided into Vedic and non-Vedic religions.

The Vedic Religion is given the misnomer of Hinduism or Brahminism. The non-Vedic Religions are Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism, etc.

Almost all Aryan religions are non-Prophetic religions.

Zoroastrianism is an Aryan, non-Vedic religion, which is not associated with Hinduism. It claims to be a prophetic religion.

Non-Aryan Religions

The non-Aryan religions have diverse origins. Confucianism and Taoism are of Chinese origin while Shintoism is of Japanese origin.

Many of these non-Aryan religions do not have a concept of God. They are better referred to as ethical systems rather than as religions.

Reference:http://www.irf.net/irf/comparativereligion/index.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was looking for the fourth one and I got it,see red mark.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-21 01:11:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-1-21 01:12
cjamesyee Post time: 2011-12-25 10:53
We would like to invite everyone to spare a
few moments of their life and read what the Holy Quran  ...

Yes ..........

Always interesting to find these peaceful people detonating their beliefs in marketplaces  ........

Most inspiring  ........

Do you have a message my dear 'Profit' for all those little bits of believers strewn around amongst the other debris and trash   ..............   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 08:44:11 |Display all floors
news204.jpg

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 09:41:56 |Display all floors
Funny, I haven't seen any posts on Ramadan and how false it is, or the religion that goes with it!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.