Author: vincent001

Will China break?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-21 08:46:04 |Display all floors
Dudes, I'm happy to join you two and let this become an economist circlejerking thread,
but although the idea that Dictatorship allows more long term plans than under democratic term periods appeared logical to me before coming to china, and in the beginning,
IME now, the most opportunistic, short sighted and also retarded policies I have ever observed,
and I spent my Teenage Years having lived in more Countries than I had Years of Age, even after leaving my Family to escape that Normad life.
And same Experience did my father make with Brazil under right Dictatorship and now democratic,
just as much as in other latin american Countries.

Although S21 clearly prove me that direct democracy can be done, very, very badly, too,
Switzerland as the most democratic Country has been proven to be as well the most long term planning Gouvernment, and Everynowhere not recognising this, and clearly pointing this out, but excusing the bloody corrupt guard is clearly disappointing and shameful and could only be fixed by Seppuku (and leaving me his fancy and damn nicely designed swiss passport), lol.
(No, don't do that please, just kidding(the seppuku part))
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-21 09:15:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2011-12-21 09:16

Dear fellow forumites , economy and democracy have nothing to do with each other.

Economy can work in any environment as long as it is run by technocrats and experts , political system is separate issue.

As a matter of fact strong state governed economy of China outperform all economies of so called "free world" , no sane person can dispute this.
This doesn't stop communist party of China to run it's part of deal in bargain.

Two systems exist in China , and they both outperform west.

Hong Kong and mainland China have different political systems if somebody doesn’t know that one , but I doubt you people don't know that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-21 10:13:16 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2011-12-21 09:15
Dear fellow forumites , economy and democracy have nothing to do with each other.

Economy can work  ...

Economy and it's Framework have a lot to do with each other,
learn in2 sch things as public choice and Institutional Economy and stuff.
only 1st termers, non-economists, and the most sucking of all Economists refute that,
plus some that have to make science fit to retarded cpc-guys Expressions, rather than doing Science.
China has for the past decades had a steady and fast growth by getting from an artificially low basis,
to stumbling somewhere behind Banana Republic of Ecuador (Original Quote of an ecuadorian ex-classmate) and "Worst place of Europe and Anywhere" Albania (That's what resident Chinauvinist Nepussy yelled at me) in terms of the per capita.
Just somewhere where they should have been all along.

Fcuk-a-Doodle-Doo is that Impressing me,
with "Outperforming".
Congratulations.

Impress us, Smithi.
You interrupt a discussion between an economics student (LaughatYou) and an Economist with Extensive China Experience (Everyonwhere), just joined by another one of the latter (me).
So I seriously hope you're sure what you're doing and saying.
I hope the other two will nail you on any of your arguments.
Don't say you had not been warned.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-21 11:15:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-21 11:17:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-21 11:53:20 |Display all floors
Every country has an economy regardless.  Regardless of its political governing philosophy, every individual, household, city, providence or nation has an economy. Every entity within a specific economy has its influence, to some degree, on that economy.

The private sector has an influence as well as its government. The government has the controlling influence on any economy. The restraints it imposes or lack of them will manipulate the strength or weaknesses of that economy.

The prime example is the recent U.S. housing bubble burst. Here is a country that churns out a massive GDP. And yet to devastate that economy all it took was manipulation in their housing financial market by a few in their government. To add salt to their wounds are their political bipartisanship and propaganda they feed their voting public.

China has a single party centralized governing body. As such it has the ability to implement policy that is best for its own economic growth without the political bipartisanship the U.S. faces. For China it is treading in new waters with the current housing bubble. New waters in relation to a centralized governing body implementing economic policy over a semi-quasar free economic housing market. But like any free housing market, influenced by private sector greed. The cause of any housing bubble which is basic supply and demand that is well-seasoned with greed.

China’s economy is also greatly dependent on the world economy. For the example of the U.S. economy to be so devastating due to a housing bubble pop even with its monstrous GDP is for China to be ever so watchful over the world economy. A housing bubble burst in China with its life source the world’s economy in tack is one thing. A storm China could weather along with its centralized governing body to guide its bearing. But a European economic crash pulling the nations of the world down to their knees coupled with a housing bubble pop would be devastating regardless of its governing body.

Just my thoughts

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-21 11:58:21 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2011-12-21 11:53
Every country has an economy regardless.  Regardless of its political governing philosophy, every in ...

Yes  .......

Some good ideas in this thread  ..........  

And  ......

Food for thought  ..........  
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.