Author: greatlady

Where and How China can be improved effectively ?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-3 20:20:04 |Display all floors
Tsm. Post time: 2011-12-3 15:51
its so normal in China to see this phenomemon.from my point of view,i think all highways and bridges ...

yeah, I agree with you.highway fees are higher in China.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2011-12-3 20:49:04 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2011-12-3 20:11
Panda, you are lucky in that moment, really you are lucky.

if there are one more ass hole are lik ...

Lot of people during my life used the fallen teeth threat.

I guess it doesn't work as well when the person whose teeth you're supposed to bash is 184cm, 100kg, and has martial arts training

Last time I got involved in a fight in China they were 4 against 1. I really really didn't want to fight them as I knew how it would go. And I got really really lucky that there was enough cameras to prove that it was self-defense when the police arrived and found the 4 guys lying on the floor. One had his shoulder broken. Haven't even been sued :)

And feeling no shame as I was ambushed by 4 drunken racists, they got what was coming to them !

But yes I was lucky in that moment that his friends were smarter than he was
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-3 20:49:20 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2011-12-3 20:18
"I think some of their customs would hurt the unity of the whole Chinese"

Can you give more expla ...

hehehehehe.....

you can read my words in that post twice.

Maybe I would write more after I visit more places in Gansu and communicate more with local people.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-3 20:57:53 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2011-12-3 20:20
yeah, I agree with you.highway fees are higher in China.

So are airplane fees and hotels

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-3 21:47:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greatlady at 2011-12-3 21:47
MisterPanda Post time: 2011-12-3 20:49
Lot of people during my life used the fallen teeth threat.

I guess it doesn't work as well when t ...

Kind of scary experiences you 've got.

here is mine almost got fight with street vendors. the guy was selling strawberries on the street in front of some retailer stores( it is illegal),  it was almost dark in the afternoon and there were around 3 kilos left he wanted to sell me cheap. I was a kind of help and also even I was thinking if I can not eat all in once , I can make it into juice to keep fresh in Reg. so the moment I decided to buy and  I checked the quality of strawberries which I found most of the strawberries were small and rotten. Likely half were not good,so I said ,"no, it was not good". the guy changed his attitude suddenly with angry, saying, "if you do not buy, go away, my strawberries are all good". So I picked up one randomly showing him, "check it ,it is good or not?"..the other pass byers heard the argument all came to watch ,the guy felt more embarrassed and upset, he wanted to beat me,but his sister tried to stop him...
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-3 21:53:16 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2011-12-3 20:49
hehehehehe.....

you can read my words in that post twice.

Muslim created some social problems that I've heard about that.

but if all are Muslim,they are like big family together. we,Han ,somehow are not in their world.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-3 22:32:38 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2011-12-3 21:47
Kind of scary experiences you 've got.

here is mine almost got fight with street vendors. the guy ...

Ha, this is very frequent in China. People here tend to refuse to take responsibilities about pretty much any subject.

Just now I had an argument with my wife. She tried to cook, didn't follow the recipe and the food was not good. Instead of saying "yup I screwed up, it happens", she ranted about how she was trying to improve the recipe and she made an effort and blablabla.

I don't care that the food wasn't good, I cared that she couldn't admit the food wasn't good because she made a mistake.

So another thing that could help China improve greatly, give people a sense of responsibilities !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.