Author: expatter

Why do People Emigrate FROM America ........ ? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-21 17:33:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinasux at 2011-10-21 17:13
hahaha yeah except if "corrupt" America goes bankrupt, your country will go down too!!! ha!

I doubt it .............

There are big differences between China and the West ................

Most people who live in the cities in China have cash and buy their house cash ........

In the countryside they still grow their own food on their own land   .........

In the West most people are maxed out on credit cards and have a mortgage ........

No one has their own land for growing their own food or very few  ...........

You have to remember that 30 years ago most people had nothing in China and the transition back to that is easier than in the West if it became necessary ...............

Of course no one wants others to go bust, but the real question is ......

How did it happen in the West in the first place  ..........  ?      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 18:51:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-10-21 17:33

In the countryside they still grow their own food on their own land   .........

Their "own" land?!^^  Last time I checked the ownership of the land lied in the hands of......
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 18:52:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-10-21 18:33

How did it happen in the West in the first place  ..........  ?        ...

'cause it's kosher that 1per cent own all...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-21 20:00:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2011-10-21 18:51
Their "own" land?!^^  Last time I checked the ownership of the land lied in the hands of......
..........................................................................................

They have their own land as allocated by the government ............

It may not necessarily have title deeds but it is recorded in each borough as such .........

The land grabs are illegal and compensation must be given proportionately for taking that land ........

Most cities operate a system where builders give an apartment of several in return for the land used to build developments  ..........

In Zhuhai were I once lived some farmers were given as many as 6 apartments per family because of the size of the family holding ........

I stand by what I said .........

In China people still have the use of the land allocated to them to grow food .............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 20:18:08 |Display all floors
But the bit that seems to be wrong is the part of the world that is supposed to be just, clever and true is the part which is in massive debt ........

I don't just mean the government but the people as well ..........

And I think you have the answer .......

Capitalistic corruption and political ineptitude  ............

Is it really a surprise if people are surprised like our friend drwatson .......  ...

And once again, expatter chooses to ignore THE FACTS. China is in as much debt as the doomed bankrupt Poodleville economy (the one he escaped from) that the Anglo bashers like to scream about with wild abandon.

And yet he continues to be an apologist for a country which despite being in debt up to its eyeballs (like the UK) and portrays it as the part of the world that is both just, clever and true as an alternative to the part that he claims is not 'just, clever and true'.

Could this be called capitalistic corruption and political ineptitude? Only he can answer that. Or is more likely, avoid the answer by typical diversionary tactics!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 20:44:10 |Display all floors
The UK does still have the coveted triple A credit rating, people will have to suffer for it for years to come due to austerity measures but that was inevitable after years of credit bingeing.

The on-going Euro crisis is far from over yet with wrangling going on between the French and Germans on how to deal with it.

Its obviously  a concern for China too because of her trading positions with Europe and the USA.

George Osbourne said ' we're all in it together '   -not him or his multimillionaire cabinet colleagues at a personal level but in the broadest sense he is correct.

We all need each other.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-21 21:05:00 |Display all floors
No one has their own land for growing their own food or very few  ...........  ...

The US has more farms than any country in the world.

How can you say this?

We can feed the whole world with what we produce on our farms.

You don't think they grow their own food or have animals for their own consumption?

We are all factories now?

Last time I looked, there were more farmland in ohio than people to populate it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.