Views: 1415|Replies: 3

Students made to wear green scarf to mark their inferiority [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-18 10:50:42 |Display all floors
Students without satisfactory academic results at an elementary school in Xi'an city, Shaanxi province are ordered to wear green scarves to distinguish them from those with high scores, who can still wear the normally read ones, Chinese media reported.

Teachers at the school say the move was intended to motivate those students to achieve better results while their parents disagree, saying it is plain discrimination.

Children wearing red scarves are a common sight in China, as children between 6 and 14 who attend Chinese schools are automatically members of the Yong Pioneer of China, a mass youth organization which is eventually run by the communist party.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard "green" sometimes has a special meaning in Chinese culture. Wonder why teachers who are unable to teach well are not made to wear something green...
11.jpg
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-18 14:28:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by DanseMacabre at 2011-10-18 10:50
Students without satisfactory academic results at an elementary school in Xi'an city, Shaanxi province are ordered to wear green scarves to distinguish them from those with high scores, who can sti ...

If i my children were asked to wear green scarves ,i would change my child's school.
To remember, to let go, and to move on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-18 15:26:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by CystalLove at 2011-10-18 14:28

If i my children were asked to wear green scarves ,i would change my child's school.

Yeah, change it.

Those stupid teachers and so-called educators.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 05:11:27 |Display all floors
It is not necessarily a bad idea. When the students learned better and achieved the red scarves, they understood how strong they are. It is good especially for children.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.