Author: ursula638

December 21, 2012 : End of Old world ?! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-11 13:19:04 |Display all floors

Fact or Fiction?!

Views of major cities crushed by a variety and series of natural calamities, giant waves rushing over the highest peaks of the Himalayas, and the headline "We Were Warned". Well, 2012 was just a flashy, big-budget disaster movie released in November of last year that focused on a group of humans struggling to survive in the aftermath of an enormous global apocalypse. However, many people believe that the world is actually going to come to an end in December of 2012, the 21st to be precise. Large numbers of people across the globe want to know if "Doomsday 2012" is indeed a fact or fiction? I know I have wanted to know the answer to this question.

Some experts believe that there is a comet planet called Niribu that will return to the center of the solar system in 2012. This will cause all sorts of destruction, maybe even leading to the end of the world. These same experts believe the ancient Mayan prophets through the Mayan calendar predicted the end of the world on December 21, 2012. But is it true? The ancient Mayans, who were very advanced in astronomy, created a calender based on several counts. The “long count” will expire on December 21, 2012. Nobody doubts that as is simply a fact. That is when the long count expires, that is the end of the calendar according the ancient Mayan calendar. But the question is that just because the Mayan calendar is going to run out on December 21, 2012, does it also mean the world is going to end? And there is going to be a huge apocalypse?
In all the books about Nostradamus' predictions there is no mention of 2012 anywhere in any of them. This concludes that Nostradamus simply didn’t make any 2012 predictions about the end of the world or any apocalypse. Even if somebody does come up with something that they want to link to 2012, there is absolutely no proof that any of it is relevant.

This is what NASA has to say, "Nothing bad will happen to the Earth in 2012. Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years, and credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012. Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly, with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. A magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia, anyway.Today NASA astronomers are carrying out a survey called the Spaceguard Survey to find any large near-Earth asteroids long before they hit. We have already determined that there are no threatening asteroids as large as the one that killed the dinosaurs."

DEC 2012.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-11 16:26:02 |Display all floors

Changing of Guards

Originally posted by truthhurt at 2011-10-10 03:08

I take it as a good news!
Ancient Mayan merely said this would be 'end of old world'.
Which means fresh begining of the NEW WORLD!
I believe we will see  ...

Good-Bye Old USA                                             Hello New China !

[ Last edited by sobabe at 2011-10-11 04:29 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-11 16:56:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sobabe at 2011-10-11
Goodbye Old USA
Hello New China

Are you saying that means the end of the world?
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-12 00:37:52 |Display all floors

Earthquake activity up 3X from normal rates

It is interesting that Japan has had 77 strong earthquakes in just 30 days and that there have been more strong earthquakes this year than in recorded history. See an article that summarizes and explains what is happening to the earth - http://socyberty.com/society/77- ... nd-japan-worsening/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-13 08:15:13 |Display all floors

Tell you what....

I dont know if its fact or fiction for sure, but....

unlike some other previous end prophecies....

I dont take this one lightly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-14 21:58:23 |Display all floors

To #26 Chinoamigo

Are you telling me that you are dead serious with this End Prophecy, my friend?!         

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-10-15 08:20:53 |Display all floors

I don't know if I'll miss this world or not...

Why does the sun go on shining?
Why does the sea rush to shore?
Don't they know it's the end of the world
'Cause you won't boink me anymore?

Why do the birds go on singing?
Why do the stars glow above?
Don't they know it's the end of the world
It ended when I lost your glove

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.