Views: 8641|Replies: 33

Currency Manipulation and Steve Jobs ............ ? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-6 22:38:51 |Display all floors
Naturally it is very sad that an extraordinarily clever person such as Steve Jobs passed away at just 56 years-old .........

However, I did notice that the US government is looking to implement bills concerning the alleged currency manipulation by China ........

What the US seems to forget is that people like Steve Jobs are at the very core of the problem .........

The US company Apple manufactures ipod phones in China for about $6.00 and sells them in the US for about $300.00 ...........

So you have to ask the important question which is, "Why not make these phones in the US at say $40.00 and make just $34.00 less to still make a large profit, but keep the US economy moving" .........

And the answer is pure greed .........

Or the manipulation of the US economy to the disadvantage of its workers  ...................

Additionally, the US is already moving manufacture from China to Vietnam ........

Not because the people there get more money, but rather less ...........

Greed ...........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-6 22:51:54 |Display all floors
Excellent point.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-6 22:52:58 |Display all floors
I agree, excellent point.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-6 23:01:48 |Display all floors
I feel sorry for Chinese workers who work so hard for so little money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-6 23:06:45 |Display all floors

Reply #1 expatter's post

somebody heard you and have come up with this article / video.

Behind the Great Wall, China Is Heading for a Hard Landing: Katsenelson

hahahahahahaha

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/b ... p;asset=&ccode=

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-6 23:07:26 |Display all floors
finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/behind-great-wall-china-heading-hard-landing-katsenelson-132515359.html%20?sec=topStories&pos=9&asset=&ccode=

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-6 23:09:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-10-6 23:01
I feel sorry for Chinese workers who work so hard for so little money.

I agree .............

But many people in China see 1,200 RMB a month as a step forward against tilling fields and gathering harvests in a village  ..........

I also believe those people see this as a chance to make their whole family become better-off by moving to a city  .............  

Food vending, rubbish collecting, etc ...........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.