Author: canada_man

OPEN LETTERS - CD SENIOR OFFICIALS - ATT: MOD'S [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-3 19:51:49 |Display all floors
Wow! Huge respect to you Canada-man.

I first came across this website a few days ago. Given that it was from an establised newspaper I was hoping that it would be less trashy than many of the other English language forums. I was quite shocked to see that this was not the case.

I see that most of your critics are the same freaks who continuously break the forum guidelines and go unpunished.

Thank you for fighting for a better China Daily forum!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 20:01:27 |Display all floors
Some people talk about freedom of speech here. This is a forum hosted by private organization. If people want to talk in vulgarities and obscenities then they can walk out onto their street and shout at the top of their voices (to the extent that the laws in their country allow it).

As forum run by a private institution China Daily has an opportunity to potray the values that it feels are important. It does this through the exclusion of members whose sense of "morality" does not concurr with the values that it seeks to uphold.

It is not inhibiting your freedom of speech if forums are actively moderated. It is simply limiting certain members from exposing their vulgarity in this place.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 20:08:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by stevenen at 2012-1-3 20:11
haishiwo Post time: 2011-11-30 16:49
Why not ignore the one you dislike, we still  have other topics to discuss.

You live in a community ...

You said "why not ignore the one you dislike".

Part of the problem is that vulgarities and obscenities are introduced into threads by certain members when they are completely unrelated to the topic of the thread. It becomes almost impossible to ignore these people.

The second issue relates to the values of China Daily. What moral values do they support? Do they want people to think that they are a trashy publication who pay for a forum for people to joke about Chinese actresses engaging in anal sex? This is exactly what appears in this thread!

Gay marriage should be legal in China?
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/for ... 7044&fromuid=840281 ).

I personally do not want to be exposed to this kind of vulgarity. Nor, reading the forum guidelines do I expect to be exposed to it.

What moral values do you support?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.