Views: 24199|Replies: 86

OPEN LETTERS - CD SENIOR OFFICIALS - ATT: MOD'S [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-5 19:25:42 |Display all floors
ATTENTION  CHINA DAILY FORUM MODERATORS.

Following letters depict my personal efforts in cleaning-up this forum with direct PERSONAL communication with the most senior China Daily Officials:
Mr. Gao Anming – SECRETARY GENERAL of China Daily.
Mr. Liu Shinan – China Daily Assistant editor – in – chief

Email from Mr. Liu Shinan – China Daily – Assistant Editor in Chief.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:36:47 PM
Dear Mr. ******* *. *****  aka Canada_Man,
Thank you for your letter. Your concern for China Daily moved me greatly. As I am not in charge of the forum matter and am half retired, I cannot interfere in it personally. I've forwarded you letter to Mr. Gao Anming, secretary general of CD, and urged him to give serious consideration to the problem. He replied and told me he has ordered the forum department to handle the problem.
Best regards!
Liu Shinan

Attachment – August 25, 2011 email (below) to Mr. Liu Shinan – China Daily Assistant Editor in Chief.
August 25, 2011

Mr. Liu Shinan
China Daily – Assistant-editor-in-chief
No.15 Huixin Dongjie ,Chaoyang District,Beijing 100029, PRC

SUBJECT: Concerns within China Daily Forum – out of control, in chaos.

Dear Mr. Liu Shinan:

Please find this correspondence to express grave concerns occurring within the CD Forum.

I have been an active forum member since April 1, 2005 and always in good standing.

UID: 61554
Reg date: 2005-4-1
User name: canada_man

The forum has satisfactory forum rules but the CD Forum moderators disregard and do not enforce these rules resulting in some members being totally “out-of-control”. These members blatantly thumb their noses at China Daily, CD Forum,  Forum moderators and other members on a DAILY BASIS.  Member attacking, stalking, foul language, racism, ethnic slurs, nonsensical threads, obscene photos, attacking cultures particularly the Chinese culture, nationality attacks, etc. occur on a DAILY basis. The goings on within the forum are reprehensible and deplorable.

The root of the problem is not the membership. The problem is created by not enforcing the Forum Rules by your Forum Moderators. The result is chaos and out of control members.

I’ve exhausted my efforts in attempting to suggest improvement from within the forum as a member. I’ve repeatedly attempted to discuss my concerns with forum moderators. All of my efforts have been to no avail. That is the reason I personally contact you, Mr. Liu Shinan.

The CD Forum is on the world stage. It must be presented accordingly.

China Daily is a professional international organization with a first class reputation. The Forum, as it is today tarnishes your reputation and presents an extremely poor image. As well, an unrespectable view of China is painted. You do not want this.

I trust you will give this correspondence consideration and maintain confidentiality.

Yours sincerely,

******* * ***** (confidential)
*******@yahoo.ca (confidential)

CD Forum Username: canada_man

-----原始邮件-----
发件人: “*. *****” <*****@yahoo.ca>
发送时间: 2011年8月25日 星期四
收件人: "liushinan@chinadaily.com.cn" <liushinan@chinadaily.com.cn>
抄送:
主题: Concerns - China Daily Forum – out of control, chaos

Dear Mr. Liu Shinan:
Please find this correspondense to express my serious concerns regarding China Daily Forum.
My detailed concerns are in attached Word document.
I would like to have a response from you at your earliest convenience.
I hope this does not go unnoticed.
Thanks Mr. Liu Shinan.
Yours sincerely,
******* *. ***** (Confidential)
*****@yahoo.ca (Confidential)
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 20:18:25 |Display all floors

Dear Canada_man

First, thanks for your concern about our forum. We have seen your complaints about our forum and we have been trying to communicate with you to deal with the issues you mentioned . And we will try our best to serve this forum and all the forumites. And we hope all the members could talk about the issues and give us more suggestions to improve this forum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 20:29:00 |Display all floors
I think cd is great

there is much greater freedom of speech here than any major western newspaper that I know

the price of this freedom is that some people will post trash

this is a price worth paying

please don't restrict our freedom, just because of a few people who post trash

thanks cd
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-5 21:59:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lebeast at 2011-10-5 20:29
I think cd is great
there is much greater freedom of speech here than any major western newspaper that I know
the price of this freedom is that some people will post trash
this is a price  ...

And a forum with no diversity is ..........

Well not really a forum at all  ............     

Gong niu shi included  ..............     

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 22:08:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-5 22:24:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by TrollMasta at 2011-10-5 22:08
>implying mods will actually doing anything to fix this forum
Canada man are you insane? They haven't done anything for the years Ive been here and they aren't going to start fixing it now.

Agreed ............

And I know you are an expert at that .................     

But more than welcome back ..............   

Anyway ................

Doesn't this Cannuck have any sort of life  ..........  ?

That he spends it writing to a forum administration to get what he wants out of it  .........

Oh dear .........

Poor Cannuck  ..........   

Go get yourself laid mate  ............        

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 22:27:14 |Display all floors

Dude

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.