Author: expatter

Suite Furore over N1gger Brown ........... ! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-26 16:45:51 |Display all floors

No racism---from Kenya

It sounds like a conversation about the aliens and the local people's attitude towards different living way.  With  the absense of the local government, some issuses just become a protection to the young and the minor.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-9-27 22:00:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kiki1971 at 2011-9-26 16:27
...........................................................................................

My grandmother had a black Labrador ............

Called 'N1gger' ...........

Everyone thought that was normal back then as it just meant black ..............

In them days they would not have dreamed of associating their dog with a black person ...........

Especially as it lived in their house  ..............      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-27 22:43:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-9-27 22:00
  ...........................................................................................

Everyone th ...

Times have changed and that word is just something that people can't say (of course unless you are black and using it in the 'nigga' form).

It would be a word I would never speak out loud in public to save my life.  Its just way too controversial of a term to play around with.

I understand the lady's reaction.  It would be very hard to explain to the kids.

Maybe you just don't realize all that is associated with that term for the black community.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-9-27 22:45:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-9-27 22:43
Times have changed and that word is just something that people can't say (of course unless you are black and using it in the 'nigga' form).
It would be a word I would never speak out loud in ...

Ah .............

But you missed a point there  ...........

Why would a good mother even bother to trouble the kids with it .............      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-28 14:12:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-9-27 22:00

Everyone th ...

I guess that's why the word was in the out-dated dictionary Kingsoft used,in the old times it was a ok word.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-28 14:16:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-9-27 22:43

It would be a word I would never speak out loud in ...

Yeah,I was just thinking that,in many American movies I have watched they use the word "nigga" often between black ppl..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-28 14:22:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kiki1971 at 2011-9-28 14:16
Yeah,I was just thinking that,in many American movies I have watched they use the word "nigga" often between black ppl..

Yes, it was funny when Jackie Chan used it in a film  ............

The black guys had been using it, and then Jackie said it to a white man ...........   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.