Views: 4856|Replies: 30

Do psychic powers really exist? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-22 13:45:50 |Display all floors
Heard a call-in programme on BBC the other day about psychic powers.

Sally Morgan, who's said to be Britain's best-loved clairvoyant, is being accused of being a fake. She categorically denies the allegation.

Quite a few callers were skeptical of any telepathy, but acknowledged that some paranormal activities are hard to explain.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't doubt it, but neither am I a firm believer.

Have any of you encountered any, you know, ghosts, spirits, or things like them?
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-22 13:48:56 |Display all floors
Yes i do believe in psychic powers, very much so.  Its just like having a talent for anything else-some people have got it some have not.

But i'd separate it from seeing ghosts, thats an experience anybody could have.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-22 13:52:05 |Display all floors
There are a lot of fakes of course, they usually make money out of it but real clairvoyants dont want the gift because they can see terrible things in advance.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-22 13:57:06 |Display all floors
I also believe in magic, thats occult magic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-22 13:57:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2011-9-22 13:48
Yes i do believe in psychic powers, very much so.  Its just like having a talent for anything else-some people have got it some have not.

But i'd separate it from seeing ghosts, thats an experie ...

That's a good point. I do think psychic powers are not simply confined to "talking or seeing" ghosts.
But I would say when people speak of psychic powers, communicating with the dead is what they normally think of.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-22 13:58:26 |Display all floors
Occult magic is the art & science of instructing the subconsious mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-22 14:00:53 |Display all floors
No, psychic power are wide ranging in variety and strength.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.