Author: timbatu

3 out 4 Americans do not eat enough vegetables [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-16 00:07:21 |Display all floors

my friend

Originally posted by timbatu at 2011-9-14 22:41
I learned that many Chinese parents are raising their children in their perceived Western ways. As a result, many Chinese children grow up on US fast food. They do not eat vegetable and they are ob ...

even if you eat 10 kgs of vegetables per day

your IQ will be like kgay

zero

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-16 09:36:08 |Display all floors
Americans here can cook - they can buy the ingredients cheaply and cook basically anything that they want.  Believe me I've done it myself.  It takes time however.  It's so much easier to get fast food , and yes , fast food is like a drug ... overwhelming the body with fat and sugars , it's literally like a drug because it quenches the stress in a rather nasty sort of way.  

But Americans have a choice , the Chinese do not.  btw , I've resorted from cooking a nice bowl of pasta with premium sausages and a side of veggies (a very satisfying meal and good on the conscience) to paying exorbitant amounts of money for " healthy fast food ".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-16 09:59:05 |Display all floors

#13 You will have to explain thi better......

"But Americans have a choice, the Chinese do not....."

You mean Chinese cannot cook what they want? That sounds pretty amazing and suprising. In my more than 15 years in this country never have I heard such thing.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-9-16 12:29:42 |Display all floors

The US has plenty of vegetables but not many good ones.

I have never had a good tomato bought from a super market. They are all virtually tasteless.
Even the expensive 'hot house' tomatoes on the vine are still poor excuses for a real garden tomato.
Apples are often mealy as are pears. Peaches are often hard as rocks and tasteless as well.
I have never had a flavorful green bean from the supermarket either.
The only veggies I can find that are halfway decent are lettuce, celery, and bell peppers.
I like veggies but not the tasteless pieces of wax in supermarkets.
On the other hand, meats, baked goods, and confections are always tasty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-17 07:09:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-9-16 05:04
I am not joking: My wife told me of a student girl who could not afford to dine at the canteen. She ate rice twice a day, and perhaps amorsel of greens once every three days.

That is worse junk ...

-
You are imagining nonexistent things out of your church vision.

I, however, do see American kids drinking catch-up soup. A North Carolina pastor had to sell his blood to put food on table.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-9-20 11:21:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2011-9-14 22:41
I learned that many Chinese parents are raising their children in their perceived Western ways. As a result, many Chinese children grow up on US fast food. They do not eat vegetable and they are ob ...

NOT TRUE....MORE LIES......
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-9-20 11:32:44 |Display all floors

When will the apples in the stores be worth eating again?

I took another chance on the apples at Trader Joe's this weekend. Had to throw them away.
I think they're still from last year. Either that or they were on a really slow boat from New Zealand or Chili.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.