Views: 6474|Replies: 20

3 out 4 Americans do not eat enough vegetables [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-14 22:41:05 |Display all floors
I learned that many Chinese parents are raising their children in their perceived Western ways. As a result, many Chinese children grow up on US fast food. They do not eat vegetable and they are obese.

I urge the Chinese to learn this fact: 3 out 4 Americans do not eat enough vegetables daily. It is very harmful to their health and it decreases their IQ.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-15 13:44:38 |Display all floors
And they're using fork and spoon. No more chopsticks. Westernization with Chinese characteristics

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-15 14:00:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2011-9-14 22:41
I learned that many Chinese parents are raising their children in their perceived Western ways. As a result, many Chinese children grow up on US fast food. They do not eat vegetable and they are ob ...

If IQ is decreased by lack of vegetables it only stands to reason that you have never eaten any vegetables.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-15 14:15:55 |Display all floors
Doing things on their own free will doesn't mean they're right. Children needs to be monitored and guided to not overly indulge in fast-foods.

China should air the documentary 'Super Size Me' that shows the hazards of fast-food can do to a person's health in just 30 days.

p/s: I hate McCruelty!

[ Last edited by taikor at 2011-9-15 02:17 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-15 19:35:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2011-9-14 22:41
I learned that many Chinese parents are raising their children in their perceived Western ways. As a result, many Chinese children grow up on US fast food. They do not eat vegetable and they are ob ...

I eat meat and salard daily.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-15 21:38:55 |Display all floors
And they're using fork and spoon. No more chopsticks. Westernization with Chinese characteristics

In the west, in turn, people eat more asian food with chopsticks, so the chopstick producers won't go bankrupt.

The kids choose to hang out in McDSonald'ses of their own free will.

Those fast food restaurants offer not only fast food, but also a clean environment for low price. Many Chinese restaurants are very crowded and dirty or so expensive that normal children can't afford it - the same goes for coffee shops and "water bars". And tea houses are more for older people, you don't wanna go there as a 15 years old...

In Western countries, food is really becoming a major issue again. People just ask themselves how they can get their stomachs filled in short time for few money and only care about their health if they get home and can really cook something. Of course, you still get some vegetables and salad, so lack of vitamines isn't a problem - but the problem is that they just take in too much salt and fat.
However, I usually ditch the issue by just eating some salad and meat without any french fries or noodles. That's tasty and healthy - but I'm also usually spending more than 150 Yuan per lunch, which adds up to quite a big sum (for about 4000 Yuan) every month - not so nice for a poor student like me. Especially not if I think about that I could also have my lunches for one month for less than 400 Yuan if I was in China...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-15 22:41:34 |Display all floors
To #8,
In the US South, they also eat greens. But the way of cooking is very Irish - they boil green leaves for hours until all the vitamins are gone.

In contrast, Chinese stir fries add green leaves last. It scorches the leaves for a minute or two before plating.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.