Views: 2328|Replies: 11

Government Policy or Party Line ......... ? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-9-12 15:40:26 |Display all floors
I have noticed that when Western media discuss policy in the Western style democracies they use the phrase   ........

'Government Policy' ............

Yet when they discuss China (especially the BBC) they use  ..........

'Party Line' ..........

I am therefore curious as to how they arrive at the difference in semantics for the two styles of policy ........

Could it be that 'Party Line' is just another anomalous expression to imply suppression ............

On the bright side I have noticed that the words 'Communist Government' are not so prolific this year as they used to be  ...........

Let's face it the expression was rather amusing when it related to a weather disaster ........

As if the type of government even affected that ..............                     

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-12 20:15:04 |Display all floors
That expression 'party line' is used  frequently to describe blind followers in the US.

If you 'follow the party line.....' that kind of indicates that you are not making conscious decisions but rather following whatever your party tells you.

Has nothing to do with communism as I see it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-12 20:20:58 |Display all floors
maybe chinese cadres learned that discretion is the better part of valour
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-12 21:12:03 |Display all floors
without doubt, China is still a medieval queen bee land. , irrespective of modern buildings.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-9-12 22:51:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-9-12 20:15
That expression 'party line' is used  frequently to describe blind followers in the US.
If you 'follow the party line.....' that kind of indicates that you are not making conscious decisions but ...

Yes, implied suppression ............

Although, unlike you I did not manage to make the link to Communism ..........

I did point out that the word Communism is less used in an arbitrary manner than before ........

This was used again today re: ...............

The 'one-child-policy' in China, so is that the Party Line or Government Policy ..........      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-12 22:52:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lebeast at 2011-9-12 20:20
maybe chinese cadres learned that discretion is the better part of valour

The 'one hundred flowers' campaign .........  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-12 22:53:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Revolutionar at 2011-9-12 21:12
without doubt, China is still a medieval queen bee land. , irrespective of modern buildings.

Sometimes I think you ..........

Bee mad  ..................     

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.