Author: greatlady

What Barack Obama did for American since his inauguration? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-11 20:30:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2011-9-11 14:56

I think a big mess is part of historic reasons.

I need more about his achivements.

thanks.

He saved our auto industry.

They went from bankruptcy to making profits.  

He has green-lighted a drilling on an indian reservation where the indians are coming out on top and not exploited.

He's been changing our foreign policy to a more cooperative model.  I'm thinking Libya here - he was instrumental in pushing more regional roles and supporting other countries taking the lead in the mission.

He got Bin Laden.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-11 21:37:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-9-11 20:30

He saved our auto industry.

They went from bankruptcy to making profits.  

He has green-lighted a drilling on an indian reservation where the indians are coming out on top and not exploit ...

Yes he caught  the world-wide bad guy.
that's right.

What about the auto industry? Can you be more specific?

thanks for updating more materials.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-11 21:51:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2011-9-11 21:37

Yes he caught  the world-wide bad guy.
that's right.

What about the auto industry? Can you be more specific?

thanks for updating more materials.

The auto industry bail out was done right IMO although it was very controversial.

Obama provided the financial backing to keep them from filing bankruptcy, but unlike the bank bail-outs, there were more stipulations for receiving the money and it worked.

The industry leaders cleaned up their act and have been turning profits.

So many jobs were threatened and affected by the crisis in the automotive industry.  

I was working at a marketing firm where over half our customer base was automotive dealerships.

Half of our company lost their jobs including the founder who was pushed out by the board members.

The effect was far reaching - it's not just the guys in the factory that were losing out - but all the other companies that are related were hit hard.

So, its a good thing they are making money again.  It really would of been devastating to our country to lose this industry.  So many jobs are connected to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-11 21:51:55 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-13 02:22:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-9-11 21:51
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2 ... /main20068114.shtml

Thanks for your efforts.

Actually we had few days holidays and I would read it while there are no distraction.

I watched the CCTV english channel today Tony Blair was invited to attend the Global debate Programm which I found is quite interesting.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-13 02:22:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-9-11 21:51
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2 ... /main20068114.shtml

Thanks for your efforts.

Actually we had few days holidays and I would read it while there are no distraction.

I watched the CCTV english channel today Tony Blair was invited to attend the Global debate Programm which I found is quite interesting.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.