Author: expatter

Stroke Victim Fights the Law for the Right to Die ........ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-1 18:37:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-9-1 17:26
If only one person tell him "I/we can't bear you leaving me/us", he could have the courage to go on living.   

Yes, which is why I said that all family members must agree to the person doing this.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-9-1 18:45:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-9-1 18:16
I think that as long as a person makes the decision in a lucid state of mind, then the decision should be respected. However, the authorities must be sure that the person's family has also agre ...

I think there was a film about this along time back (1981) called:

"Whose Life is it Anyway?" ...........

Where the guy went to court to get the right to starve himself to death ............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 18:45:55 |Display all floors

Reply #14 expatter's post

I agree if the person has expressed lucidly and determinedly that he/she wants his/her life been ended, we should respect his/her decision. But make sure give him some time, maybe he/she will regret.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 18:47:46 |Display all floors
Starve to death is a good method. If I regret I can ask for some food.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 18:55:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-9-1 18:47
Starve to death is a good method. If I regret I can ask for some food.

I would rather suggest Helium, it's absolutely painless as it replaces the oxygen but is not noticed by the body as suffocating,
and if you change your mind you will easily manage to cheer up your relatives around you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 18:58:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-9-1 18:33

Having said that in WWII Germany they had a euthanasia programme where people were classed as 'having no life value' due to illness or deformity and it was very easy to get designated onto the scheme  ............      .

finalising for many german relatives of mine of that time the decision to go into resistance to the regime, supporting the Bishop of Munster and the awesome empire (the brits).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 19:03:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by BerndVonAnon at 2011-9-1 18:55

I would rather suggest Helium, it's absolutely painless as it replaces the oxygen but is not noticed by the body as suffocating,
and if you change your mind you will easily manage to cheer up  ...

LCS, I suggest you use a rope, or poison, or a jump from a tower. I cheer it for you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.