Author: expatter

Stroke Victim Fights the Law for the Right to Die ........ [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-9-1 17:14:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-9-1 14:34
It is his RIGHT to end his life .........
Yes.
But not his wife's right to end it.
There should be some kind of special committee composed of medical, legal, ethical and other experts t ...

Awkward one this isn't it ...........  ?

And the strange thing is that if you want to end your own life .......

Then you are judged as 'mad' .......

And therefore need to be protected from yourself no matter how lucid you are    ...........      

Oh .......

3 - 0 so far  ........ !

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-9-1 17:18:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kiki1971 at 2011-9-1 16:51
I agree with the spokesman for Care not Killing: 'If we remove or lessen the penalty for so-called 'mercy killing' we will leave vulnerable people without adequate legal protection and also contrib ...

QUOTE:  he still have a lot to live for,like see his children

For me personally .......

I couldn't think of anything more depressing than being seen like that everyday ........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 17:52:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-9-1 17:18

QUOTE:  he still have a lot to live for,like see his children

For me personally .......

I couldn't think of  ...

Yes,I had voted he has the right,but with mixed feelings because have to be very careful about this,I do understand him and his family,but I also think,what if?He could get out of it?What if he could find the willpower?
Anyway he seems so fed up and defeated,I don't think he will,that's why I voted yes.

[ Last edited by Kiki1971 at 2011-9-1 06:04 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 18:16:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-9-1 16:14

Awkward one this isn't it ...........  ?

And the strange thing is that if you want to end your own life ....... ...

I think that as long as a person makes the decision in a lucid state of mind, then the decision should be respected. However, the authorities must be sure that the person's family has also agreed to this to avoid problems further down the road.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 18:23:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-9-1 18:16

I think that as long as a person makes the decision in a lucid state of mind, then the decision should be respected. However, the authorities must be sure that the person's family has also agre ...

I agree with that

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 18:26:37 |Display all floors
If only one person tell him "I/we can't bear you leaving me/us", he could have the courage to go on living.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-1 18:33:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-9-1 18:26
If only one person tell him "I/we can't bear you leaving me/us", he could have the courage to go on living.   
.......................................................................................................................................

I used to know some people who had a small paralysed dog ........

They would carry it around in a blanket with its head hanging down and tongue hanging out ........

For me it was their own selfishness which refused to recognize the dog may not have had any real quality of life and that it will still die no matter what ........

Having said that in WWII Germany they had a euthanasia programme where people were classed as 'having no life value' due to illness or deformity and it was very easy to get designated onto the scheme  ............      

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.