Author: expatter

BBC: School Closures in Beijing ......... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-29 00:55:39 |Display all floors

Reply #7 expatter's post

BBC and other major institutions love China more than expatter.

that is why they shine light on things other wise hidden in the dark.

good job. keep it up.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-8-29 01:29:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Revolutionar at 2011-8-29 00:55
BBC and other major institutions love China more than expatter.
that is why they shine light on things other wise hidden in the dark.
good job. keep it up.
.......................................................................................

Our resident academic likes to forget the other disadvantaged places on this earth ..........

Why don't you care about them ........ ?

Not in your agenda perhaps ...........  ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-29 02:27:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-8-29 00:36
  ....................................................................................

I fully realize that Chinese people are Chinese ..........

But if we take the example of the filthy sl ...

The spotlight is on china and will remain so as long as china has one of the worlds most successful economies.  Everything and everyone that is powerful will get more attention.  It just goes with the territory.  Why are we moreinterested in the personal lives of stars?  

Don't want all the attention?  Stay small.  Otherwise, get some thicker skin.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-8-29 12:21:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-8-29 02:27
The spotlight is on china and will remain so as long as china has one of the worlds most successful economies.  Everything and everyone that is powerful will get more attention.  It just goes wit ...

But are illegal schools in China ...........

"International" news ..............   ?

Especially when the BBC likes to ignore the deaths by rebels in a Western war against Gaddafi .........

Surely, there are plenty of other more important things that would fill that important spot .......

Why .......

What about the independence movements in Sri Lanka and Philippines which are decades old and only reported as 'rebels' .........

And, I thought rebels were important ..........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-29 12:25:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-29 08:46
You seem to view the BBC as your personal red herring, dear Expatter. Every two seconds you come up with a BBC item with which you find a peeve. Surely if you applied your tremendous confrontationa ...

What a strange idea you fall upon here ..........

Always when challenged to justify your accusations about Xinhua you continuously prove yourself to be nothing more than an old 'gas bag' ........

I am still waiting for the last several times you made this type of comment to come up with some justification .........

QUOTE:   into a wider transcontinental context as you did.

Yes, I am indeed sorry for you that you are unable to parse the OP .........

I ask WHY this is International news ...........

Please read the OP again .........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-29 12:31:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-29 08:54
I am sorry, Expatter, but in this case I have to call you a... Ah, forget it, you knew that by yourself. This is pure polemicising. And you are an amateur at it! A dilettante!
Manila (or wi ...
..............................................................................................

I am sorry that you do not recognize the simple question .........

And for a second time and just for you ...........

WHY is this International News ........  ?

Being called an 'amateur' by you is indeed a great compliment and thank you for that  .........  

QUOTE:  Just over one year ago it made headlines with how it bungled the kidnapping of a bunch of HK Chinese tourists, many of whom got killed. I am sure you can find accounts on that in the BBC archives, dear!

I am sorry for you that your dementia is getting the worst of you Senilica .......

The topic is CLOSURE OF ILLEGAL SCHOOLS IN BEIJING ........

Not hijacking in the Philippines   ...........   

How you have placed these together is a wonder  ...........            :

But please feel free to send some more 'amateurish' gobbledygook ...........         

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-29 12:37:29 |Display all floors
Those schools have been informed of the closesure for a long time because of safety, hygenic and teachers' quality concerns. Some regular schools are open to a number of migrant workers kids according to government's orders and a few new schools have been built specially for them. But it seems migrant workers prefer to have their own schools. Reasons may include the distance from where they live, costs and possible "prejudice" from fellow schoolmates.  

[ Last edited by NE_Tigress at 2011-8-29 12:40 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.