Author: expatter

UK. Jailed for 4 Years for Using Facebook ............ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-18 12:45:03 |Display all floors

Reply #16 ganzhuolin's post

still early days for your modern day Zhang He.

But  word on the street is that they bet the next time Zhang He goes out to sea, they will find rats on his boat and holes in the engine room. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-18 12:46:11 |Display all floors

Prison-Industrial Complex....

Originally posted by 延陵堂 at 2011-8-17 22:45
theres the difference between the west and China.. China blocks facebook. the usa, and britain encourage people to use facebook, and then arrest them. gotta love the prison industrial complex

Yep, you use the correct terminology. I'm not sure how it works (or if it exists in England) but in the US many prisons are privately run. Of course that means it's business...and the more people in jail the more money from the government to pad the wallets of these private owners...

Are there 'incentives' for the enterprising among us to keep the prison population growing, regardless of the offence?

Does the sun rise in the east....?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-18 12:47:10 |Display all floors

Reply #16 ganzhuolin's post

I dont think medieval Kings need facebooks to send people to jail.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-18 12:47:48 |Display all floors

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle....!

Originally posted by Revolutionar at 2011-8-18 12:45
still early days for your modern day Zhang He.

But  word on the street is that they bet the next time Zhang He goes out to sea, they will find rats on his boat and holes in the engine room. haha ...

"...they will find rats on his boat..."

So when do you plan to stowaway....?

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.....!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-18 12:49:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-18 11:29

More generally, Expatter: Do you pity these little thugs?

More generally, SENECA: Do you pity these little thugs?

140 people dead, over 800 other people were injured aafter ethnic riots in a remote region.
World Uyghur Congress based in Germany complained that authoritis blocked Twitter, Flickr and others to stop rhe rioting of the East Turkestan Islamic Movement Group, which been designated a "terrorist organization" by United Nations,
Government of the People's Republic of China, United States; based in Waziristan Northwest Pakistan, THAT killed so many people.

It shows how effective and widespread Twitter is as an organizing tool, but the microblogging network has clearly become a way for protesters to share information with each other and the world.

I wonder Mr. Seneca:  Do you pity those Killers for restricting their ability to re-organize and kill more people?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-18 12:57:29 |Display all floors

Prison-Industrial complex...

Originally posted by 延陵堂 at 2011-8-17 22:45
theres the difference between the west and China.. China blocks facebook. the usa, and britain encourage people to use facebook, and then arrest them. gotta love the prison industrial complex

(I posted this earlier but it's traveling snail mail. Maybe it will never get there so...)

Yep, you use the correct terminology. I'm not sure how it works (or if it exists) in England but in the US many prisons are privately run. Of course that means it's business...and the more people in jail the more money from the government to pad the wallets of these private owners...

Are there 'incentives' for the enterprising among the various organs of the judicial system to keep the prison population growing, regardless of the offence?

Does the sun rise in the east....?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-18 12:57:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 2011-8-18 12:47

"...they will find rats on his boat..."

So when do you plan to stowaway....?

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.....!!!!

they say , it is a very special rat. Rat with the title sausuk skunk.

I told them that lazy looking pandas are just as dangerous for China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.