Author: sansukong

Hu: CPC must serve the people   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-19 19:21:01 |Display all floors

Li Lanying, a woman in Gujiazhuangzi village in Ningxia, draws water from an underground tank, Aug 12, 2011. [Photo/Xinhua]
0023ae606e660fb84a6c1d.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-19 19:24:04 |Display all floors

Children pose in Lishixi village, Ningxia, Aug 11. [Photo/Xinhua]
0023ae606e660fb84a7920.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-24 16:48:13 |Display all floors

Migrants live in cemetery to avoid high housing costs

Updated: 2011-08-19 14:06

(China Daily)

Some migrant workers from Anhui and Henan provinces have been living in a cemetery because they could not afford to rent an apartment in Taizhou city, Zhe province.

Liu Junfeng, 14, a boy from Henan who visited his parents while they were working in Taizhou, felt disappointed when he learned that his parents' house is a shed standing between two tombs.

"I came here to see my parents during my summer vacation, and I had to stay and play around the tombs where my parents live," the boy said.

"I thought they worked in a modern city and lived in a better house than what's in my home village."

Liu's father, Liu Shengli, said he had come to the city six years ago and had taken several jobs. "The price of renting a house was too expensive and I had to stay here," the father said.

(Xinhua News Agenc)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-24 16:51:24 |Display all floors
I can't remember where I read it, maybe the CD, but it appears that migrant children in Beijing won't merely have no desk, they'll have no schools either! Suddenly, no desk seems insignificant!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-24 17:14:49 |Display all floors

Reply #19 exportedkiwi's post

Reposted:

Refer to:" Migrant children make do with no desks" on "China and The World" Page: 2.

A boy worries about his schooling for the coming semester in Beijing, on August 15, 2011. His primary school, where most pupils are the children of migrant workers, was demolished on August 10 after the contract between the school and local government ended. Local officials promised the school's students could go to other primary schools in the area, but parents are concerned there may be extra fees to pay and worry places are limited.
[Photo/CFP]

Image Attachment: 0023ae9885da0fb45c481b.jpg (2011-8-17 02:15, 59.47 K)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-24 17:19:21 |Display all floors

Reply #19 exportedkiwi's post

Reposted:

Refer to:" Migrant children make do with no desks" on "China and The World" Page: 2.

A boy worries about his schooling for the coming semester in Beijing, on August 15, 2011. His primary school, where most pupils are the children of migrant workers, was demolished on August 10 after the contract between the school and local government ended. Local officials promised the school's students could go to other primary schools in the area, but parents are concerned there may be extra fees to pay and worry places are limited.
[Photo/CFP]

Image Attachment: 0023ae9885da0fb45c481b.jpg (2011-8-17 02:15, 59.47 K)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-24 17:44:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sansukong at 2011-8-24 17:19
Reposted:

A boy worries about his schooling for the coming semester in Bei ...

Don't you know?
They gotta go, for the sake of Progress
Their bad, for not having been born into a glorious gouvernment official family.
How dared they?
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.