Author: DSseeing

Do you think "Made in China" means bad quality? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-5 20:32:58 |Display all floors
Why your merchants still import "bad quality" products?

Why you still buy "bad quality" products?

When there is need, there is production.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-5 22:35:40 |Display all floors
Tigress, nobody blamed that "bad quality" is morally corrupting...

The only problem with the fact that most "bad quality" products are made in China is that salaries in China are staying low - and that's ultimately an issue of education (and I don't mean science - I mean those points mentioned above).

But China's economy is growing, so the problem is taking care of itself...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-5 23:00:38 |Display all floors
Good enough quality on cheap stuff.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-6 15:42:23 |Display all floors
@Seneca: But that's not a problem of inferior quality, that's just simple fraud.

I think what Tigress means is that people want somethign cheap and then wonder why they also save at the expense of engineering and material quality.

This thread, however, is not about why people buy low quality products - it's mainly about why China is associated with low quality products and how to change that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-6 19:37:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-9-5 20:30
Bad quality?

You get what you paid for.

If you pay cheap cheap price, what can you expect?

Who will use top quality materials and top quality workers to make goods you paid at dirt cheap ...

that's why i went to a tailor and it wasn't cheap

they know well how to make a pant

they know well how many pockets has a pant

they know well the right sizes of a pocket to make

I am not the person who has to give detailed instructions in a work they are supposed to know

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-6 19:48:26 |Display all floors

Reply #46 Everynowhere's post

Salaries remaining low? I don't know about that! I read somewhere that salaries in the Pearl River Delta area are high because of shortages of workers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-6 20:19:24 |Display all floors
Salaries remaining low? I don't know about that! I read somewhere that salaries in the Pearl River Delta area are high because of shortages of workers.

Yea, they are raising in certain areas, but not in real terms. The US FED printed lots of money, the Dollar depreciated sharply and the Yuan, that is pledged to the Dollar, depreciated with it (although a little less). PBOC printed even mroe money - between 2008 and 2010 it printed as much money as between 1984 and 2008 and China is now facing strong inflation, purchasing power is erroding.

So we shouldn't look at how many Yuan do they earn - we should look at how much Gold, Silver, Oil, Appartments or Food do they earn. If you then add the fact that salaries in other areas of China were raising only very slowly or even not at all, you'll understand my concern.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.