Views: 4412|Replies: 6

tottenham [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-8-9 07:07:44 |Display all floors
Police shot and killed a demonstrator in what started as a peaceful demonstration.     However, this happened in free and democratic Britain so the world press didn't scream 'human rights violations and suppression of oppressed minorities.    Long live western hypocrisy and double standards..

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2011-8-9 12:13:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by msrong at 2011-8-9 07:07
Police shot and killed a demonstrator in what started as a peaceful demonstration.     However, this happened in free and democratic Britain so the world press didn't scream 'human rights violation ...


And you know this how? Because it is widely reported on British media in free and democratic Britain.

How widely reported were the 180,000 public demonstrations and riots (of more than 100 people) in China in 2010?

What is hypocritical is that you ignore the scale and nunmber of riots in your home country .... and use the press freedoms available in a democracy to denounce that very system!

[ Last edited by dragonlover at 2011-8-9 12:14 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2011-8-9 12:20:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-9 12:04
What "human rights" are you bewailing, Ms Wrong?

It appears that the original victim had a record as a petty criminal. He even owned a gun. Please, do tell me why people need guns to p ...


I wonder what the reaction would be to the police shooting in China of a Weegur who owned a gun?

Nationalist gnashing of teeth against imaginary foreign forces? Celebrations and triumphalistic behaviour?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-8-10 04:50:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-9 12:04
What "human rights" are you bewailing, Ms Wrong?

It appears that the original victim had a record as a petty criminal. He even owned a gun. Please, do tell me why people need guns to p ...



It appear that mr.synical didn't read various articles reporting the victim was unarmed.   Shooting unarmed demonstrators smacks of human rights violations, does it not?  Or does that apply only to China?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-8-10 05:13:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dragonlover at 2011-8-9 12:13


And you know this how? Because it is widely reported on British media in free and democratic Britain.

How widely reported were the 180,000 public demonstrations and riots (of more than 100 p ...


Isn't China is in chaos with constant rioting, corruption and social dysfunction?  I'm getting all these negative news from a variety of  mainland Chinese media, including CD.
You're enjoying plenty of freedom on this website to express China-bashing rhetoric without getting censored. There's even too much freedom given to offensive and vulgar comments which don't get deleted in these forums.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2011-8-11 14:58:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by msrong at 2011-8-10 04:50
Shooting unarmed demonstrators smacks of human rights violations, does it not?  Or does that apply only to China?


The victim was in possession of a loaded gun. Whether or not he fired the gun is still under investigation.

Since when is it considered a violation of human rights to take action against a criminal who has a loaded gun in his posession?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 7Rank: 7Rank: 7

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-8-11 15:08:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-9 12:04
What "human rights" are you bewailing, Ms Wrong?

It appears that the original victim had a record as a petty criminal. He even owned a gun. Please, do tell me why people need guns to p ...



世界人民大团结万岁 ?

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.