Author: expatter

Tottenham Riots May Influence London's 2012 Olympics ........... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-17 21:28:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-8-13 23:06

Hi Verdane ..............

We both know this is not political ............

But just idle opportunists  ............

What  ...

We also both know that the riots quickly spread from their initial flashpoint to embrace Birmingham, Manchester and to a lesser extent cities like Liverpool and Bristol.

Of course  these cities, particularly the first two on the list, have strong gang cultures whose members dismiss the benefits of education in exchange for quick fix criminal solutions to their poverty. They see themselves as victims of society, but beyond the quick fix are rarely inclined to do anything to further their own prospects.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-8-17 21:45:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by verdane at 2011-8-17 21:28
We also both know that the riots quickly spread from their initial flashpoint to embrace Birmingham, Manchester and to a lesser extent cities like Liverpool and Bristol.
Of course  these c ...

Definitely ............   

But what is the cure given the social environment of poor parenting, schools that have no power and police that are mostly castrated in normal circumstances  ........

I remember discussing this with someone else earlier and I suggested 'conscription' with 3 years in places like Somalia in the UN forces. Just to show them what the world is really like and to develop group social skills. Maybe even with vocational skills training ..........

At least it would get them out of the drug infested communities they live in and maybe wake them up a bit ..............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-18 21:22:25 |Display all floors
If only that was a possability! But I seriously dont think the army would want them. If the government had the gonads they might look at something that was potentially as effective as that. But they dont. I'm not sure there is a cure, maybe giving kids from these communities a way out from an early age...?  Free boarding school access for kids from deprived communities? I wish I knew the answer.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-8-18 23:00:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by verdane at 2011-8-18 21:22
If only that was a possability! But I seriously dont think the army would want them. If the government had the gonads they might look at something that was potentially as effective as that. But the ...

Bring back the birch and the stocks  ...............     

A bit of rotten egg throwing on a Sunday would be fun ..............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-19 19:07:27 |Display all floors
lol maybe, or just decent schools that dont let the kids run riot over the teachers :p

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-21 23:36:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by verdane at 2011-8-19 19:07
lol maybe, or just decent schools that dont let the kids run riot over the teachers :p

I agree .........

They were called 'Reform Schools' weren't they ................      

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.