Author: DanseMacabre

Should Chinese families finance American public education? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-2 23:24:52 |Display all floors

Reply #7 JFenix's post

big schools have big school advantage. Small schools have small schools advantage.

I like a small but  good school.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-3 15:07:37 |Display all floors

Reply #9 seneca's post

America has 90 of the top 100 universities in the world.

Is that sign of largely pointless, theory-heavy pseudo-education in decrepit school systems. ?

why should I believe the no morals zionist is correct and the ranking is wrong? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-6 17:58:21 |Display all floors
If I was a Chinese parent, I wouldnt send my child to an american high school - at most for perhaps one or two terms to improve its english. The education in Chinese high schools is better, although harder.
I´d rather send my offspring to an American University - because most American universities are still better than Chinese universities, including Tsinghua University.

The reason for this lays within the diffrent education philosophy: whilst in both, Chinese and American high schools, the focus lays on mere learning, universities are very diffrent. Chinese universities still want their students to mainly learn things by heart, while American universities teach the ability to expand knowledge and push research beyond its borders. So in China, you learn books - in the US, you study handling the knowledge creatively to apply it in new fields or to expand it even further.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-6 21:49:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Revolutionar at 2011-8-2 18:04
sounds like a nice, quiet place for the students , and cheap.

question is: with or without the kidney!

ops sorry,
that was in the UK, wasn't it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-6 22:18:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shameless at 2011-8-6 21:49

question is: with or without the kidney!

ops sorry,
that was in the UK, wasn't it

no, that was China when Chinese student sold kidney to get Ipad. hahahahahahahahaha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-7 10:37:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-8-6 23:48

They are cash cows, so it is foreign students that attend them, and foreign teachers that earn these universities revenues.  ...

there're times when I'm have to agree with you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-8 03:55:56 |Display all floors

? the american citizens of maine get taxed for school

Originally posted by DanseMacabre at 2011-8-2 15:19
This fall a small public high school in Millinocket, Maine (less than 200 students) is hoping to enroll 60 students from mainland China. The one-year price tag for the Chinese students will be appr ...

i am american and if you live here part of your taxes go to the school systems.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.