Author: PopularStar

Selective Mutism, a short story [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-7-24 20:20:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Thankopam at 2011-7-24 19:37

whats your treatment for it?

I've heard those who suffers from SM are given prozac but with sheer willpower I believe it can be overcome. I won't say children grow out of it.

They have to make the decision to overcome it and it takes a few years a lot of mental effort and preparation everyday to overcome the disorder.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-24 20:21:52 |Display all floors

Confessions

I am almost in high school and I have had selective mutism. I can talk to anyone that does not know i am like this. But at school I don't talk at all. This video made me cry. My parents use to scream at me for not talking. It is very hard

I feel like a loser & really alone since it doesn't seem like too many people have this(or at least into adulthood). I feel soo trapped coz I want to be the complete opposite of what I am but that side of me just can't seem to blossom out- plus everyone else just thinks I am shy & actually laughs when I say I have SM,or that I am using it as an excuse
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-24 20:22:22 |Display all floors

More confessions

I must say the worst thing Ive found in public, is people thinking theyre rude because they dont say please and thankyou. thankfully I now live in a small town, where the local butcher and other shops know my son cant talk.

i have selective mutism.. i just want to talk but it feels like something stops me from talking .. like my voice box just doesnt wanna talk... its so annoying i just cant talk!!! i have no friends because of it.. everyone gives me dirty looks.. my teacher calls me rude.. im in year 9 and i just cant talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have had selective musism since grade 3 when a teacher humiliated me in front of the whole class. everyone just said i was shy and rude which made things worse

This is just plain SILENCE that is forced on you and you CAN'T control it. I, along with others, have suffered with this disorder, and I don't like it to be said that I'm overreacting to it. Please don't just assume things.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-24 20:29:23 |Display all floors

The confessions above are not mine btw

9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-7-24 21:23:30 |Display all floors

Well no one here with that ..........

If fact some annoying posters are positively garrulous  ...........   

OP excluded of course .............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-25 01:38:03 |Display all floors

Who is OP?

Originally posted by expatter at 2011-7-24 21:23
If fact some annoying posters are positively garrulous  ...........   

OP excluded of course .............   
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-7-25 01:51:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by PopularStar at 2011-7-25 01:38

OP = Original Post as in the first post ............   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.