Author: PopularStar

This is to non-Chinese; what made you love China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-7-24 15:13:14 |Display all floors
I lived in China from 2004(when I was still in my late teens) to 2009 Jan for my university degree. It was an experience of lifetime. Now that I am back to my country for over two years, still missing it so badly esp the food. Feel like going back again and again. Sometimes, wonder if I should settle there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-24 23:25:55 |Display all floors

Aww, senny, we already know....

Originally posted by seneca at 2011-7-21 11:52
I think people talking about how much they "love" a foreign country are demagogues or are simpletons that allow others to manipulate them.

No other country in the world has ever asked ...

"I think people talking about how much they "love" a foreign country are demagogues or are simpletons that allow others to manipulate them."

...how much you hate expats who love China. There's no accounting for their good taste and intelligence, is there?

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle....!

"No other country in the world has ever asked foreigners to proclaim they "loved" their host country except China."

No other country has faced the abuse China has faced at the hands of the western media. It's perfectly logical to wonder why a westerner would love China after being brainwashed by his/her own media not to for years and years... Of course, such logic would escape you...!

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.....!

[ Last edited by ganzhuolin at 2011-7-24 11:27 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-25 05:52:13 |Display all floors

BJ

Before I give my response to the question of the day “What made you love China?”, I wish to comment on the response given by someone calling himself or herself,  “seneca”.  Your parents must be very proud of their “little-curtain-climber”; you did so well in your forth grade reading assignment.  You found a new word in the dictionary and used it in a sentence.  If you look up the word, however, you may find you used it incorrectly.   A demagogue is one who manipulates, obtains power over other (common) people by impassioned appeals to their emotions, not one who is manipulated.  Therefore, a demagogue would be 180 degrees different from a simpleton who can be lead by another, the demagogue.

One more thing, seneca, are you a world authority, have you experienced enough other countries in the world that you can state and affirm: No other country in the world has ever asked foreigners to proclaim they "loved" their host country except China.

Use magic tools Report

anonymoustext
anonymoustext  Post time 2011-7-25 17:54:51
This post was edited by Anonymous at 2015-2-11 00:47

Deleted.

Use magic tools Report

anonymoustext
anonymoustext  Post time 2011-7-25 18:04:52
This post was edited by Anonymous at 2015-2-11 00:47

Deleted.

Use magic tools Report

anonymoustext
anonymoustext  Post time 2011-7-25 19:17:22
This post was edited by Anonymous at 2015-2-11 00:48

Deleted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-25 21:58:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by alicebrooke at 2011-7-25 08:47 PM

This is the way....

I just love your black hair Alice, it's blacker than black, so enchanting!
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.