Views: 49281|Replies: 224

Steering Committee for OUR forum. ALL members welcome ........ ! [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-7-19 14:36:48 |Display all floors
The Initial Idea or Plan ………….

We first open a thread (this thread) for a set period to discuss and argue the parameters or rules of the forum to get a consensus of basic agreement on what they should be, especially as regard some of the more prickly issues ………….

Next, we discuss the structure of a Steering Committee of forum elected members to make judgement on forum issues and problems and to oversee the agreed former rules ………

Following this we elect the Steering Committee from members who wish to be involved or even who are eligible ………….

The Steering Committee then elects a Chairperson who will then take the position of forum liaison manager with the CD ………

Within this structure that gives us a kind of unified strength to use ‘soft-power’ within the forum to help influence the CD to forum needs  ………

It would/should hopefully assist the CD to grow the forum and bring some older members back and worry less about annoying behaviour  ..........

Sensible comments invited by ALL please as to the former processes …………

Remember if you do not make a comment then you cannot argue at a later date about the process ...........

Your contribution is welcome especially veteran posters  .............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-19 15:02:54 |Display all floors
Dear Mr. Expatter,

Sorry for my blunt reply.

I have to say: forget it.

You (we) can not do much to "improve" this forum.

The forum is ONLY one of the revenue-makers for CD.

And the number of clicks is the most important thing for them.

A decent forum will never attract that many clicks without so many trolls and spammers.

How many people take this forum seriously?

I doubt.   

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-7-19 15:10:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-7-19 15:02
Dear Mr. Expatter,
Sorry for my blunt reply.
I have to say: forget it.
You (we) can not do much to "improve" this forum.
The forum is ONLY one of the revenue-makers for CD. ...

And that is exactly why your input is important ...........

Having a SC doesn't mean that we do not have to have trolls and spammers .........

But it does mean that a SC might be able to help in the case of those who go too far ........

If 'hits' are important financially then that has to be taken into consideration ........

Our eventual Chairperson would be able to discuss with the CD the needs of both CD and the forum members ........

Thanks  ............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-19 15:20:39 |Display all floors
I do appreciate sincere efforts to improve this forum. (As I mentioned before, I'm encouraged that the mods have made some improvement lately, they deserve the credit for that and no one else)

But this concerns me, "Remember if you do not make a comment then you cannot argue at a later date about the process"
So anyone who doesn't join your gang has no say on this forum

I'm with Groucho on this one.

But for what it's worth, we all know what's wrong here: The forum is an asylum for racists, trolls, ####s and nutters. (I don't see that changing unless the mods decide to do something about it)
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-19 15:27:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2011-7-19 15:20
I do appreciate sincere efforts to improve this forum. (As I mentioned before, I'm encouraged that the mods have made some improvement lately, they deserve the credit for that and no one else)
B ...

But without your input it cannot be part of a discussion about what needs to be done  ...........

QUOTE: "Remember if you do not make a comment then you cannot argue at a later date about the process"

This is perfectly logical and you have made a point ........

As members of the forum it is OUR forum .........

And that is the point .........

An elected Steering Committee would and should be representative of ALL members .......

And not as you so crudely and crassly put in 'your gang' ..........

Without open discussion nothing will change  ..........

Hence again, the importance of your input .........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-19 15:34:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-19 15:43:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by soapdodger at 2011-7-19 15:34

Wowsers, a truncated version of my post on the forum chairperson thread:

"Moaning doesn't really help. I should know - I've moaned long and hard over the years.  

if anything, he [Bl ...

Fair enough. I'll wait and see how this develops. In the meantime, if there's anything I can do, y'all welcome to let me know.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.