Views: 20972|Replies: 64

China plans to boost seawater desalination [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-24 20:19:03 |Display all floors
(Xinhua)     Updated: 2011-06-24 19:37

BEIJING - China's economic planner is mulling policies that would boost the development of seawater desalination facilities in order to supplement the country's supply of freshwater.

The National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), together with 11 other departments, are working on guidelines to accelerate the development of the country's seawater desalination facilities, said Li Jing, deputy director of the Environment and Resources Department under the NDRC.

The NDRC is creating a layout for the development of new seawater desalination facilities over the coming five years, as well as a layout relating to patents for water desalination technologies, Li said.

The policies will give preferential treatment to companies that independently develop desalination equipment.

China often suffers from shortages of freshwater. Its freshwater resources per capita are just one-fourth of the global average.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 20:20:39 |Display all floors
Personally, I'd prefer water conservation to this energy sapping scheme.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 20:25:23 |Display all floors
The Israelis have the best and most advance desalination processing plants in the world.

I understand they make full use of the Sun's energy in the freshwater conversion process.
That's the method I think China should go for.

Use only renewable power in the desalination process should be the criterion moving forward.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 20:35:15 |Display all floors
This remind me General Bingdong's brainstorm idea of transferring the seawater from the Yellow Sea to the deaserts of inner NW China.

This is not so far-fetch an idea.
The water vapour evaporated from the newly made saltwater sea-lakes could in theory moisturise the atmosphere its location surrounds, and rainfall may result some distant area away.

China should set up a research and feasibility program at its postgrad schools and learning centres.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 20:52:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ThankoPan at 2011-6-24 20:19
China plans to boost seawater desalination

I think it's the ultimate way to supply water for China's thirty western regions. The per ton desalination cost is already reduced from 20 rmb to about 6 rmb, and is expected to further decrease.

It's expensive than fresh water conservation, but there are times there is no fresh water to conserve.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 20:54:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ThankoPan at 2011-6-24 20:35
General Bingdong's

Sorry most of his ideas are stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 20:58:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-6-24 20:52

It's expensive than fresh water conservation, but there are times there is no fresh water to conserve. .

Waste water processing and Water Recycling.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.