Author: Canadasammy

Britain says no to Greece, right or wrong? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-23 16:23:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2011-6-23 02:25
It is impossible to bail out greece - the steady state of that nation's current situation is just higher debts until infinity. The only way is to cut debts - let them go bankrupt. But please, do it ...

since EU won't do that any time soon,
I still suggest the possibility of turkey taking over there?
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-23 16:31:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2011-6-23 16:23

since EU won't do that any time soon,
I still suggest the possibility of turkey taking over there?

I think they would consider it if Greece were to offer the Greek half of Cyprus. Not a bad trade off, I think.

I should have been a diplomat :-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-23 16:37:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Chegsyboy at 2011-6-23 16:31

I think they would consider it if Greece were to offer the Greek half of Cyprus. Not a bad trade off, I think.

I should have been a diplomat :-)

I saw greeks recently on an international board considering worst case scenarious, and how they'd deal with them.
One of those discussed was millitary coup or civil war plus millitary coup.

I suggested the turkish Army to realise that coup, so someone able could sort things out there,
since EU again didn't include any colleterals or measures into souvereignity into it, and the greeks....

I mean, why are they so reluctant to that, unless they already have a clear idea to default?
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-23 16:46:02 |Display all floors
Im watching the Greek property market with interest, its only dropped by 5% so far but hopefully it will crash.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-23 16:48:58 |Display all floors
This is what happens when a lazy country gets too much gravy. They took it for granted that the Euro gravy train would deliver for time immortal. Their government is top heavy and services dreadful and their people don't, won't or can't save. They can't rely on tourism alone to provide a healthy living for the entire population when it is seasonal and confined to a few resorts, not nationwide.
They squandered all the grants given by the EU with nothing to show for them and now they cry? They have no right. The government needs to shed half its' civil service and reduce or completely remove all non-essential services immediately.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-23 16:52:05 |Display all floors
The Germans are well pissed off with them and so would i be.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-23 17:10:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2011-6-23 16:52
The Germans are well pissed off with them and so would i be.

pissed off?

my young days in institutional care were supported for by the german taxpayers,

how is it supposed to be much fairer for the institutions, with them the teachers, and the kids currently in to suffer cutbacks while taxpayers are gotta pay more,

- because greeks don't consider it fair on them to pay for their excesses now that the party is over,
consider it unfair on them to be supposed to honestly declare their taxes...

how is it much fairer for the kids to pay for it?

Wonder how I'd be pissed off enough to hope on the turks as a last resort?

[ Last edited by LCSULLA at 2011-6-23 05:11 PM ]
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.