Author: glopis

China is wrong now [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-17 11:16:27 |Display all floors
China deploys troops after eastern protests

Thursday, 16 June 2011
A human rights group said thousands of Chinese police and paramilitary forces have been mobilised to suppress a new round of protests in the country's east.
The Hong Kong-based Information Centre for Human Rights and Democracy said the unrest in Taizhou broke out after a village chief was beaten by petrol station employees after he had tried to negotiate an increase in land compensation fees.
The centre said long-simmering resentments over land seizures then boiled over, with thousands of villagers converging on the site.
Crowds continued to gather and roads were blocked today, despite the presence of security forces.
The incident was the third large scale outburst of unrest in recent days, mainly fuelled by anger over abuses by authorities.
                          Independent.co.uk
Gloria Maria A.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-17 11:18:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-17 11:20:26 |Display all floors
Beijing battling protest fires on all fronts
An eruption of protests throughout China has sent armoured vehicles into town centres, prompted an internet blackout by the government and left thousands across the country blogging about "crazy" violence on the streets.
The summer surge of protests, which flared in the southern industrial hub of Zengcheng over the weekend, has been linked to a range of frustrations with modern China - furies that have drawn the government into crackdowns on activism and massive increases in the domestic security budget.
More than 1000 migrant workers went on the rampage in Zengcheng after a pregnant street vendor in her 20s was roughed up by security guards. Such incidents, while distressing, are not uncommon. Witnesses said that the centre of town was bedlam, with smashed windows, blazing police vehicles and teargas explosions as rioters hurled missiles at an official building. One bank worker blogged that the Bank of China had ordered an immediate halt to all ATM transactions.

theaustralian.com.au
Gloria Maria A.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-17 11:22:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by glopis at 2011-6-17 11:12
It is no malicious, i have some chinese friends, and they dont know about it, why they dont know, because u goverment dont wanna that they know, but this is a fact, this is the right people, inform ...

So they don't need to believe their own eyes, but to believe somebody outside the country tell them what is happening in their own country?

You are very funny lady.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-17 11:23:43 |Display all floors
Radio Free Asia   rfa.org
Security Clampdown in Taizhou
2011-06-16
A land grab by developers sparks another 'mass incident' in China.

Authorities in the eastern Chinese province of Zhejiang have mobilized security forces to quell popular unrest after a confrontation over compensation between local villagers and a gas station built on their farmland, a Hong Kong based rights group said on Thursday.

"This went on for two days," said a resident of Rishanfen village near Zhejiang's Taizhou city who asked to remain anonymous. "What happened was that the people at the gas station were beaten up and had to go to hospital."

The unrest was sparked on Tuesday when the head of the Rishanfen village government got into a fight with gas station employees, according to the Information Center for Human Rights and Democracy in China.
Rishanfen villagers quickly showed up to back up their representatives, surrounding the gas station and blocking a nearby expressway leading to the local airport.
Gloria Maria A.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-17 11:24:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2011-6-17 11:18

Try reading between the lines:

Hundreds <INCITED by a few subvers!ve kunts> protest against blah blah...

HOW bad is the unrest? Hundreds within a country or 1.3 billi ...

i have no malicious intention here, in my country there is a big root and long time conection with chinese people, i have many chinese friends here, that is why i came to this forum and it surprised me to read this articles, that is why i posted this thread, to get opinions, not attacks
Gloria Maria A.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-17 11:24:51 |Display all floors
Where are you lady. Across the Pacific Ocean?

You are telling me what is happening around me?

You are so cute.   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.