Author: ttt222

A student suicides in a classroon in Chang'an University of China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-16 17:29:53 |Display all floors

yes it is

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-6-17 02:13:30 |Display all floors

Tiger Mom

Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-17 10:20:48 |Display all floors
I think this is a really serious matter in China. Of course, the vast majority of kids don't take such drastic action, but that's not to say they don't feel the pressure. It seems that more and more students are taking the ultimate step to escape their misery and it truly disturbs me. Young people should not be subjected to such overwhelming pressure. Each province should take steps to ensure that students welfare is taken care of, as well as their educational needs. Maybe tutoring and "big brother" mentoring can be a starting point, or some kind of informal meeting room in every school where students can talk to a qualified educational counsellor. I think many suicides and other stress related behaviour could be spotted earlier and remedied if some of these measures were adopted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-17 10:41:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-6-17 11:01:51 |Display all floors
I do agree with Chegsyboy. More focus should be given on that case.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-6-17 11:02:13 |Display all floors
I do agree with Chegsyboy. More focus should be given on that case.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-17 13:57:34 |Display all floors
Maybe all teenagers and young people are fragile, wherever they are.

It's a confusing time. No longer a true child, but not yet a true adult. Too many hormones racing round the body and add the pressures of education, parental expectation (much higher in Asia than in the West), peer pressure and you have a potential flashpoint. I don't think this is a subject we should be disagreeing about as it has the potential not only to take young lives, but also to affect their families and friends. It is a universal problem, but exacerbated in societies where inadequate psychological provision exists. I think we can all agree that even one such tragic loss of life is one too many.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.