Author: greatlady

why most of the Chinese gals are so skinny?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-15 15:37:03 |Display all floors
Body Mass Index is not as reliable as an indicator of thinness/fatness in Asians, especially non-Chinese Asians

Normal BMI is 18-25

18 can look very skinny by today's standards in the West, but it is historically considered normal

I found a Chinese study, characterising BMI in a cohort of Chinese women, 20 years of age and 50 years of age

Citation reference : Int J Obes (Lond). 2008 July; 32(7): 1130–1136.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2705880/

the table of interest:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2705880/table/T1/

This table shows that the mean BMI of 20 year olds in this study was about 20 (low normal) and mean BMI of 50 year olds was 23.5 (normal)

So, both groups were in the normal range

Maybe they look skinny compared to Westerners, who have a high rate of overweight and obesity
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-15 16:01:11 |Display all floors
Maybe they look skinny compared to Westerners, who have a high rate of overweight and obesity

True.  The big advantage with skinny is they can wear anything and look good, thats why you see so many skinny models.

Fatties can only wear black  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-15 16:14:05 |Display all floors
Because they think that to be  skinny is very beautiful, and can wear much more nice clotheses. The main reason might be theirdiet and cultural definition of beauty.http://en.chinagb.org/article.asp?aid=1784

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-15 16:17:30 |Display all floors
Fatties can also stay out of my line of sight if they know what's good for them. I can projectile vomit over 20 yards :-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-15 16:22:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by scinoshen at 2011-6-15 15:15
all women are chasing to be skinny figure no matter what they look like and leaving alone their health.  maybe they think having a skinny figure can make them feel good and confident or just attrac ...

Not all women are chasing to be skinny,some do everything to gain some weight,it's in the dna.
I read somewhere that fat women are being discriminated and aren't treated as nice like skinny women and in a test statisticly more jobs were given to skinny girls then to fat girls.Not to mention that most guys want their girl to look like a model to show off,or it's good for their ego idk and  it's presented to us everyday through media how the perfect girl suppose to look like.Many girls don't know they cheat pictures with photoshop special effects,etc.

It's stupid I agree,there are nice beautiful women in all sizes.But personally I don't think it's nice if the man has a smaller waist or is more fragile then the girl,or if the men is much shorter,lol
Then again if you really love someone you probably don't care?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-15 16:33:37 |Display all floors
Because they think that to be  skinny is very beautiful, and can wear much more nice clotheses. The main reason might be theirdiet and cultural definition of beauty.http://en.chinagb.org/article.asp?aid=1784

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-15 16:38:05 |Display all floors
the orient  regard skinny as beauty

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.