Author: msinglynx

Do Chinese men like foreign women? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-5-26 21:14:29 |Display all floors

Me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-26 23:05:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by msinglynx at 2011-5-26 20:49

What do you mean?

Well, for example if a stunning girl approached a below average looking guy and wanted to have fun with him. Also if there was no way his wife or girlfriend could ever find out. What do you think the outcome of this option would be?

Another example:

Unattractive guy (his can refer to his looks or his low financial prospects) = no attention from women = NO OPTIONS = no chance to sleep around.

Attractive guy (can refer to his looks or his success and great financial prospects) = women magnet = MANY OPTIONS = opportunity to sleep around.

Its been know that even the strongest of men can not resist a beautiful women eye has got her eye on him. Eventually she will catch him and before he even realizes what's happening he is in some hotel room pulling up his trousers thinking about the poor wife he has just cheated on.

Options!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-27 00:10:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by truthbetold1 at 2011-5-26 23:05

Well, for example if a stunning girl approached a below average looking guy and wanted to have fun with him. Also if there was no way his wife or girlfriend could ever find out. What do you thi ...

hehehehe oh my

thats an interesting comment tho. Is financial prospects an intrinsic part of attractiveness in China? That is veeeeery different to at home. (not for everyone of course, there are "gold diggers" every where)

But what about love or personal standards?  For example, my younger brother is gorgeous (probably by China standards too ^_^) with black hair, green eyes, white skin, muscular/lean, tall (5'11) etc and also with "good prospects" (he's going to be a pilot, is currently in University with many many scholarships) besides being a talented pastry chef. He has all sorts of women throwing themselves at him and has since middle school but he is always immensely faithful to the girl he is with (I should know, some are evil witches and I've tried to distract him ). On the other hand, my other brother who is less physically attractive (although still above average) and has less prospects and he will go with any girl that gives him a second look hehe despite being in a relationship (married now and with a son).

I think here it is more a case of personal morals than opportunity. Some people will cheat, some wont haha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-27 00:35:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by msinglynx at 2011-5-27 00:10

hehehehe oh my

thats an interesting comment tho. Is financial prospects an intrinsic part of attractiveness in China? That is veeeeery different to at home. (not for everyone of course ...

Sounds like your brother is one of the good ones, just like myself hehe.

In China financial stability is an important part of getting into a relationship for most people, I think more so in China than most other western countries.

Back to the point of options. Maybe you have 3 types of guys in the not so attractive group.

1, The guy who is actively such some fun outside of this own relationship, but is having little success because of his credentials.
2, Not actively looking for fun outside of this own relationship however if an opportunity came along, he would not say no to it.
3, The guy that is totally loyal to his partner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-27 00:46:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by msinglynx at 2011-5-26 20:45

O_O I think you misunderstand me. I mean, I want actual friends not sex-friends (friends with benefits). Romance takes time to develop and really (for me) has nothing to do with race.  ...

You are right.Romance takes time to develop ,you never know when and if it ever comes.It may never happen ,who knows.Nobody knows that.
chinese people are warm and love foreigners.

one thing I did not understand.If you are not looking for a sexual partner and just for a friend then why are you asking if chinese men like western women?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-27 03:32:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by red car at 2011-5-27 00:46

You are right.Romance takes time to develop ,you never know when and if it ever comes.It may never happen ,who knows.Nobody knows that.
chinese people are warm and love foreigners.

one thi ...

Because I have been reading China Smack and it seems like a lot of Chinese people are racist? That was pretty depressing thought for me so when I find this forum I thought I would just ask lol
I mean there are allll kinds of articles analyzing why Chinese women like foreigners etc. but none about Chinese men so I was wondering if there is a cultural reason that foreign men are more attractive to some women but foreign women are not attractive?

not that it matters to me I'm not a fan of casual relationships but a relationship (dating) and "hanging out" (going out together as friends) is not the same thing and I enjoy going out. Is going out with friends of the opposite sex odd in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-27 05:59:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by msinglynx at 2011-5-27 03:32

Because I have been reading China Smack and it seems like a lot of Chinese people are racist? That was pretty depressing thought for me so when I find this forum I thought I would just ask lol  ...

you do the right thing avoiding casual relationships.It is not odd to be out with a man and be friends.
I wish you good luck

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.