Author: desperado123

Should the piano boy get death penalty? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-5-20 18:00:57 |Display all floors
1. I chose "He deserves it!"

2. Did you read the details of this case?

3. I suspect the conclusion "surrended himself to the police!"
According the self-investigation of the victims, it is the insurance comany that found the ciminal suspect. After the insurance company checked the same car in the 2nd traffic accident, the insurance company found the blood in the car and a serious dent, however, none of people was hurt and nothing was struck in the 2nd traffic accident, just half an hour after the 1st accident and miles away from the 1st accident.
The police investigated the criminal suspect after the report from insurance company. The criminal suspect denied. After the police investigated the ciminal suspect on the 4th day, the criminal suspect didn't deny again.

4.He should be sentenced to death before the related laws are modified.

5. China should have less and less death penalty in the future.   

Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2011-5-20 16:54
I wonder whether he'll learn his lesson if we kill him.

He won't have the chance. I'm sorry for his death. But it is a warning for the present 2nd generation of government officials and 2nd generation of richest Chinese. One would face the death penalty if one killed one guy after the guy looked at one's car number plate.

7. sth wrong with the present law.
7.1 One has to pay more to a serious injured victim than a dead victim after one knocked down the victim in a traffic accident. This law lead some victims in traffic accidents to death.
7.2 Chinese with city-hukou would get much more pension than Chinese with village-hukou in the same traffic accident.

8 One Beijing top government official in police department, also a professor in university, said to the prospecutors of Yunnan province, The Yuannan university student, also from a poor family, deserved the death penalty after she even hadn't had a conversation and hadn't been to yuannan province for that case.
The same government official said greatly different for this case: the Shanxi university student, also from a rich and government official family in CCAV.
It's a reality that many present top governnment officials discriminate Chinese from poor family and Chinese from rural area. The same time the 2nd generation of government officials and 2nd generation of richest parents have many special privileges before the laws.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-5-20 06:05 PM ]
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-20 18:42:35 |Display all floors

My Dad is Li Gang! (我爸是李刚!)

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-20 19:16:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-21 11:15:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-5-20 15:15
No one deserves this. It isn't punishment at all. Killing people is taking justice to the extreme of making it a travesty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" .... No one deserves this .... "

No one deserves being stabbed in the chest, stomach and back, several times, until they die.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-21 11:20:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by desperado123 at 2011-5-20 15:41
I think his parents hold major responsibility for this outcome. As they didn't bring up with basic rules and laws.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is 21 years old.

He is a full man anywhere in the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-21 11:32:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2011-5-20 16:05
"Although Yao has no criminal record and surrendered himself to the police (four days after the incident), the court has still decided to deny him leniency."

He'd ha ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" .... decided to deny him leniency .... "

In this case, his lawyer can only request leniency on the grounds that he is mentally ill.

This is the only way the judges can reduce the sentence.

If his lawyer can call doctors who will say Yao is mentally ill, the judges will be able to reduce the sentence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-21 11:34:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-5-21 05:59 AM
In my humble opinion, he acted spontaneously, recklessly and foolishly, just as many young people do after they committed a mistake inadvertently.

If he had made that fatal mistake at age 51, h ...

Sorry Senny, I have to disagree with you on this issue.  For far too long in the west, victims of crimes suffer
too much injustice.  The offenders get all the help from do-gooders leaving victims with too much grievance & suffering.  The dead waitress is survived by her husband & young child.  She does not get second
chance.

This case is really a deterrent to would be offenders of serious crimes.

I wish Oz had tougher penalty for criminals.
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.