Views: 3692|Replies: 6

Chinese people are welcome in the Netherlands [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-18 14:11:50 |Display all floors
Going back to the 16th century,   the white Dutch people have always treated the Chinese people as equals.

You only have to look at the contrast between British rule in Malaysia and Dutch rule in Indonesia.

In British-ruled Malaysia,  the Chinese were not allowed full citizenship rights,  not allowed to become army officers or senior civil servants,  not allowed to marry white English girls.

On the contrary,  in Dutch-ruled Indonesia,  the Chinese were allowed to become full Dutch citizens,   were allowed to become army officers or senior civil servants,  and were allowed to marry white Dutch girls.

The British treated the Chinese in Malaysia like second-class subjects,  whereas the Dutch often allowed the Chinese full Dutch citizenship rights.

Today, in the Netherlands,  the Chinese men are treated as equals,   and most of the Chinese men living in the Netherlands marry the white Dutch girls.

On the other hand,  in the racist Anglo Americkan countries such as England,  New Zealand,  Australia,  and the US,  the Chinese people are treated like inferior second class people.

The Chinese people will always love Dutch people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-19 13:33:59 |Display all floors
I can speak and read Dutch,  and the white Dutch people in the Netherlands have always told me that they really liked the Chinese students,  that there was no problem with the Chinese migrants,  and the white Dutch people wished that all the migrants were like us Chinese people.

The white Dutch people always told me that they were happy to see more Chinese migrants coming to the Netherlands.  Even the far-right white Dutch people have no problems with welcoming more Chinese migrants!

You are welcome to write in Dutch if you want.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-22 10:36:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by khonchin at 2011-4-18 14:11
Going back to the 16th century,   the white Dutch people have always treated the Chinese people as equals.

You only have to look at the contrast between British rule in Malaysia and Dutch rule i ...

Dutch girls are very beautiful.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-22 11:59:35 |Display all floors
Libya once welcomed them as well

as did Egypt

cheap slave labor is always welcome, no wonder the unemployed natural residents revolted
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-23 08:50:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by khonchin at 2011-4-18 14:11

You only have to look at the contrast between British rule in Malaysia and Dutch rule i ...

I quite agree with you,  the Dutch people are the most friendly people in Europe.

Most of the Chinese boys growing up in the Netherlands end up getting married to white Dutch girls.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-24 11:05:02 |Display all floors
i disagree with dutch people being friendly or benevolent. i find it hard to believe the dutch are welcoming anyone, given their treatment of muslim people there. also, the dutch gave privaleges to the Chinese because they were using the Chinese to control the local indonesian people. in the same way that the british used indian cops in hong kong. this does not mean the british actually respect the indians, it just means theyre good at using one oppressed group against another. the japanese also gave special privaleges to korean, and taiwanese who fought for the japanese, against other oppressed people throughout south east asia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-24 15:22:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by SPECIALED at 2011-4-24 11:05
i disagree with dutch people being friendly or benevolent. i find it hard to believe the dutch are welcoming anyone, given their treatment of muslim people there. also, the dutch gave privaleges to ...

The white Dutch people gave special privileges to the Chinese people,  because the white Dutch people are not racist.

By the way,   despite all you hear in the news about Dutch and Danish people hating the muslims,    the white Dutch and Danish people are actually very tolerant,   and the muslim minorities in the Netherlands and Denmark are treated 10 times better than they muslim minorities in England

In the Netherlands and Denmark,   a muslim minority man is 10 times more likely to be married to a white Dutch or Danish wife than in racist England.

In the Netherlands and Denmark,   a muslim minority man is 10 times more likely to hold a good job,   or to be promoted to a senior position than in racist England.

In racist England,   less than 5% of muslim men have a white English girlfriend,   whereas in more liberal Denmark,   something like 35% of the muslim men have white Danish girlfriends.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.