Author: khonchin

Tibetans should be treated like American Indians [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-25 10:23:15 |Display all floors
Pointless comparison.
I believe in social and racial harmony.  Co-operation is a term for 21st century; bear this in mind!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-25 18:17:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kongque at 2011-4-25 08:43

are you saying there is no religious freedom in China?

where did you pick up that gem of inaccuracy?

I'm saying there are more restrictions and I agree with that.  The burqa is banned in china but allowed in the US.  I think we should follow china on this one - ban it for security reasons.  How many incidents have we had now of criminals putting on the burqa to rob a place?  

And there is obviously restrictions on prayer or there would of been no arrests of that christian group.  I'm all for that as well.  Why set up prayer rooms in our public schools?  They are supposed to be secular?  Is there no escape from religion?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-25 19:19:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-4-25 18:41
. I know multiculturalism doesn't work everywhere, least of all in Usania, but it does work to some extent (everyone needs to compromise on something, make concessions etc., not exactly Usania's forte).

We seem to have less issues than europe.  Just saying -

France is a multicultur4al country that works. So are other states. It doesn't currently work satisfactorily with regard to the Mooslim group, which is ethnically heterogeneous, because France has unwisely embarked on Usania's anti-Mooslim course.

Oh - all this is coming from the US?  Not the population in france?  France has been over-run.  I visited paris back in '85 - but I would not visit a france that is no longer france.  That is what is a stake here - their cultural identity is getting lost.  France is not an lslamic country - thats not what people think of when they think of france - or do they?  At least now?  How long before the musIims demand the Louvre be closed down due to indecent art work?  Instead of Paris being the place for lovers - will it turn into a place of fear where everyone is all covered up?  How much of a turn off is that?  Can France no longer be France anymore to appease their musIIm population?  Do you not understand where they are coming from at all?  This is a US - led fear?  How can it be?  We don't have this fear in the US - not yet anyways.

With Narkozy now doing battle with Arab hooligans in Libya, anti-Mooslim fervour is bound to diminish. The Gypsie question has to be solved in cooperation with the former Soviet satellites that are the root cause of this issue. You should read up on what's currently going on in Hungary....

Did the soviet union bring in these groups from india thousands of years before the creation of the SU?  Just how is it their fault?  Was it the soviets fault that the nazis tried to exterminate the roma of eastern europe?  The problem is the lack of real integration, which is the basis of multiculturalism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-25 19:38:00 |Display all floors

Reply #40 JFenix's post

the french foreign students and expats of migrational background I met so fat seemed to rather identify themselves as french in the first place before their migrational cultural background.
That is to say, the sample is biased as those have naturally a more successful background and vita.

It does have something funny though, how exceptionally well one can upset a black frenchman by telling him into his face the most successful african football team was: France.
While an educated African without french connection may give a laugh instead and then refer to the usual social background of professionals of that sport and the role of football as a way of upward social mobility.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-25 20:58:33 |Display all floors

do you have any freakin idea...

Originally posted by khonchin at 2011-4-16 21:20
China should follow the shining example of Amerika.

In Amerika,  the Indians have been forced to learn English and to assimilate into American society.

China should force the Tibetans to lear ...

any idea the number of american indians are still outhere in north america/reservations...almost NAUGHT  

and at least the people of this particular prairie still producing offsprings & livin under the roof not a tent  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-25 21:30:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 2011-4-25 20:58

any idea the number of american indians are still outhere in north america/reservations...almost NAUGHT  

and at least the people of this particular prairie still producing offspri ...

You live on the east coast - you have to travel to the places in the US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-25 21:38:42 |Display all floors

look whos talkin now...

Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-4-25 05:30

You live on the east coast - you have to travel to the places in the US.

i was tellin the poster not askin him to tell me stats of american indians, and who sez i havent done that (you kno roadtrips)  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.