Author: khonchin

Tibetans should be treated like American Indians [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-24 20:03:08 |Display all floors
News, you will not find in Chinese media.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-24 20:11:02 |Display all floors
Obey the law, whether you are religious or non-religious.

If you think you are above the law because you are of certain religion, you are stupid and have to face the due consequence.

It is the same in all countries in the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-24 20:26:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-4-24 20:11
Obey the law, whether you are religious or non-religious.

If you think you are above the law because you are of certain religion, you are stupid and have to face the due consequence.

It is t ...

NO, it is NOT the same in all countries in th world !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-24 20:35:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Xizhong163 at 2011-4-24 20:26

NO, it is NOT the same in all countries in th world !

In which country you are free to break the law just because you are of certain religious group? Can you give an example? Is it Philippines?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-24 20:52:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-4-24 20:35

In which country you are free to break the law just because you are of certain religious group? Can you give an example? Is it Philippines?

That is where things are heading.  Personally, I think religious 'freedom' is often abused to make oneself above the law.  We have crazy religious groups and cults that try to hide behind religious freedom, but all the while they are engaging in polygamy and child marriages.  They want that protected as a part of their religion.  Another crazy event is some of our public schools are allowing musIim children 'prayer rooms' - after years and years of debate keeping prayer out of public schools.  Seems like there is always a fight to maintain separation of church and state.  And now, you're likely labeled a 'racist' if you say musIim kids shouldn't pray at school.  How is that racism?  Christian kids were never allowed to pray in school like that.  That is why there are so many private catholic schools.  But now it's racism or religious intolerance.

I believe freedom of religion should also mean freedom from religion.  As no one should have the right to push their religious views on you.  So, I kind of support China on their stance with religion.  But I would probably prefer a legal system somewhere in between what we practice and what China practices.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-25 08:40:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 22-4-2011 15:44

Sorry, I do not see eye to eye wi8th you in this.

To maike a people a 'minority' they have to be surrounded by a majority. FOr this to happen there needs to be an invasion or some other for ...

Russia "booted out" - tell us more oh wise one ROFLMAO.

You have absolutely no idea of reality do you...........
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-25 08:43:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 24-4-2011 22:52

That is where things are heading.  Personally, I think religious 'freedom' is often abused to make oneself above the law.  We have crazy religious groups and cults that try to hide behind relig ...

are you saying there is no religious freedom in China?

where did you pick up that gem of inaccuracy?
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.