Author: jinseng

A Critical Assessment of Bruce Lee’s Contribution to Chinese Martial Art   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-4-3 04:15:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by snappysammy at 2012-4-3 04:16
JFenix Post time: 2012-4-2 23:09
Bruce Lee changed the world.

He's been my hero every since I watched my first Bruce Lee movie.

Well ..you think he was Hot and oozed sex appeal.....someday if you meet me you will forget about Bruce.....

I don't think Bruce Lee was ever in the Peoples Republic of China......Bruce was very good at Promoting Bruce Lee.....I don't think he was on any mission other to make money....He was very good and I also enjoy his movies.....However I don't think he really did anything very positive for China or Chinese People....He married a white woman...he was born in USA....when he died he was buried there....I also think his death was not an accident....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-3 04:25:35 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-4-3 04:15
Well ..you think he was Hot and oozed sex appeal.....someday if you meet me you will forget about B ...

He was born in the US, but raised in Hong Kong.  He was an 'anchor' baby?  Is that the correct term?  You  plan to have your birth here to get the dual citizenship?  Anyways, most of his movies were made in Hong Kong.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-4-3 04:38:28 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-4-3 04:25
He was born in the US, but raised in Hong Kong.  He was an 'anchor' baby?  Is that the correct ter ...

No he wasn't an anchor baby....he father was performing in USA when he was born....Just for the Record Hong Kong was not part of the Peoples Republic of China....My Grandmother cared more about Mainland China than Bruce Li ops I mean Lee....She was born in Rumania...but i think once upon a time she had a Chinese Lover....Also when Bruce Lee was born the USA didn't allow Dual Citizens.. You had to make a choice when you turned 21.....I had the same situation...Only My parents were Canadians......

Bruce was not a Dual Citizen beyong the age of 21....

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-4-3 04:40:46 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-4-3 04:25
He was born in the US, but raised in Hong Kong.  He was an 'anchor' baby?  Is that the correct ter ...

Most of his Movies.....how many movies do you think he made...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-3 04:49:22 |Display all floors
3 movies in hong kong, 1 in hollywood

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-3 04:49:56 |Display all floors
Game of death was never finished.  That would of been the 4th movie made in hong kong.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-3 04:55:34 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-4-3 04:38
No he wasn't an anchor baby....he father was performing in USA when he was born....Just for the Re ...

He was sent back at 18 to go to school.  He had an uncle living in washington state I think?

Bruce Lee had said it was his mission to show something more about 'the orient' (his words) to the west.  He hated the stereotypes we had here at the time.

When he made Enter the Dragon, he had a lot of creative leverage.  The big reception party shown in the beginning of the film, all the entertainers and such were picked by him.  You should look up some of the interviews and the making of that film.  Its very interesting.

Anyways, reject him if you want.

I still say he changed the world.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.