Author: satsu_jin

China speaks better English than India, says study [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-14 10:26:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by aziz at 2011-4-13 11:48

1. In the rail station of Delhi a coolie can speak english but in Beijing rail station you will be feel very lonely.
Copy code

Nice comparison. Unfortunately these coolies did not take part in the survey. Bad, because the results could be different.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 15:59:12 |Display all floors

Reply #28 woaichina's post

If, by the standard of quality of the English in your threads posted here are the true reflections of what you have
being taught by expatiate native English speaking teachers in China, then it is about time the Chinese Education
Ministry takes a serious review of the quality of expatiate English teachers that are currently teaching in the
country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-15 06:05:04 |Display all floors

Reply #38 aziz's post

If I get it correctly, the official language used in India is English. Correct me if I am wrong.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-15 14:38:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sansukong at 2011-4-15 03:35 AM
If I get it correctly, the official language used in India is English. Correct me if I am wrong.

Its both Hindi and English, but the official language doesn't mean state provincial legislature has to use Hindi. States can opt out whether they can use Hindi or opt for their regional languages or they can even use English. I never learned Hindi though

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-15 14:47:13 |Display all floors

Its good to hear

EF Education have very strong presence in China, they dont have market in India. Its difficult to assess their report, as they are not qualified research company.

EF is actually trying to sell their courses here...

They dont have any other need for now

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-4-17 14:07:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-4-14 04:48

Your problem is that you don't know what is GOOD English. American English is one of the worst, didn't you know? And adopting an 'American accent' isn't enough to pass yourself off as an Engl ...

Yes I do agree with you limiting my knowledge about GOOD english.But I cant giveup my 11 long years presence in China and having thousands contact as student,service holder.American accent is worst I know that but
it doesnt make any differences to a chinese.What the Indians speak english have their local accent for last
250 years including under the British rule.While you adopt a second language it will be not exact like those origin.While I speak chinese over phone they donot beleive that I am not a chinese.Many second or third language holder have this quality,not everyone.You are a writer from unknown origin,visit India and sharpen your
KNOWLEGDE.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-4-17 16:00:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sansukong at 2011-4-15 06:05

You are right sansukong,same is Manoj.Many user in this forum donot know English is the official language of
India.

Either pronunciation is good or bad doesnt matter,whether can able to communicate each other.How many Chinese write novel or research paper in english?In India there are many.Tagore got NOBLE for his poems translating in english by himself.Do you want more about this facts?

Many Chinese and Indians dont speak english or any foreign language.

If any one in the forum(except Briton) can speak to a farmer in the northern England in english I will present a painting  done by me.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.